Anyone have a Microsoft TechNet subscription?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mdaniel, Sep 12, 2005.

1. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

I'm usually pretty good at Googling for solutions to problems but the more resources the better, I guess. I'm really interested in the software that comes with it. Are there any restrictions on the software? (It says "without time limits.) They say its for evaluation purposes but that sounds difficult to enforce. I'd like fill out my collection of Microsoft OS and application software for learning and testing purposes but I don't know if the evaluation license will put any real-world limits on my use. No, I don't plan on deploying it on dozen computers and Yes, I realize I could probably download most of it but I'd prefer not to if there's a legal and reasonably priced way to get it. Oh, and the price they list is annual, right?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
  2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Yea, the price should be annual.

We had a subscription at work up until last year. We cancelled since we never really used anything from it.

IIRC, the programs that come with on the CD's are usually 120 day evaluations...

3. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

I did a little more reading and it looks like the software doesn't have a 120 expiration anymore. Sounds too good to be true.