Anyone have a Logitech Digital IO Pen?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cmsurfer, Mar 12, 2004.

1. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Good? Bad? Comments?

I've really been considering one lately and reading as much as I can about them. They seem like a really cool gadget. I also have a few questions I'd like to ask about them to someone who has one.

Anyone have one or experience with one? Do you like it?

Thanks,

CM.

2. Mister91RT/TT

Mister91RT/TT professional lurker

Hey, I've used one for some interesting architecture/flash type sketching and animation things

they're pretty cool, but the pen itself is a bit annoying as a bulky tool.

also, the line-width is only one size, so detailed drawing is a bit tough to do.

some other thoughts: I tried to get some drawing animations going, and there simply is no way to produce an animation from the data stored on the pen, this is a drawback for what I used it for, but shouldn't be a problem for most people

What are you using it for? I can see some very creative uses for the technology, but I think about 5 more years of R&D would help.

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Thanks for the reply. I actually just bought one on Ebay the other day, so I'll find out how I like it.

I don't do any drawing or any animations, but just a lot of writing and note taking for work and some classes that I'd like to have an electronic copy of and be able to convert it to text and edit it.

I've been reading the the message board they have for it and most of the people seem to like it. But, I did notice a lot of talk on there about animations and such.

So far, it seems like it should suit me for what I want to do.

Thanks,

CM.