GUN Anyone have a class 3?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Want2race, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

I've been talking to a guy who only sells class 3 weapons and we got talking..
    Apparently via the trust method its easy as shit! Just $$ and your going to be allowed to play.

Well then I started talking full auto and he says the cheapest are around $800.. Ok cool, I bet its a $500 glock with the $18 german box piece at the end making it full auto.

I then asked about a P90 in full auto. He had to make some calls but apparently its $1550, I think thats a pretty smoking deal besides the ammo you would use.

Anyone have a class 3? Is it worth anything ? I dont see myself ever using full auto defensively in the United states...

2. Iceburn

Iceburn Made in the USA

Civilians cant own a P90. Its a post ban imported automatic. Also Im pretty sure the cheapest automatic would be at least $2000 for a mac10 or 11 or a full size uzi. The glock 18 is expensive and definately not $800. Class III's are expensive.

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think he's talking about classIII dealers license in which case if you sell to law enforcment agencies you can have post samples which are cheap, impact guns has full auto p90's for around $1450 they sell to police agencies. But otherwise yes for normal people mac10 is cheapest at around $3k I think.

4. Iceburn

Iceburn Made in the USA

To have a dealers liscense dont you need to be the owner of a gun shop or somthing like that?

5. Bdog

Bdog ...but do I really care?

The least expensive Class III weapons or accessories are short barreled rifles and supressors. 5 years ago Mac10's were $1200 and a supressor $200. I think like Iceburn said, they are around $2k now. My friend sold his H&K MP5 SD for $9000 3 years ago. I think back in '95 he paid $5000 for it.

... and when you hear of someone getting an new M16 or MP5, they are LE only guns, bought on police letterhead, and can only be transferred through NFA dealers and police departments. A friend was getting his dept to by him a new MP5 for $1600, then they decided not too, thinking he would just get into trouble.

6. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

You have to have a storefront.

Class 3 shit isn't cheap either way you go about it. I would like to have a license just to get a bunch of Pre 86 dealer Samples. That way if my license runs out, those guns can stay with me.

To many dealers have told me it's not worth getting Post 86 dealer samples unless you actually deal with LE agencies.

For now, I'll stick with getting Class 3 stuff the normal way.

7. striker754

striker754 Chillin

It sure is if you want to shoot/mess with any auto guns, especially those made after 86

8. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

well good job talking me out of it :(

9. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Guess it depends on who you are.

10. Furner

Furner New Member

you cant use a classIII license to collect. you must be in the business of dealing in classIII weapons.

a trust is what could be used to obtain pre-86 NFA items.

11. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

Yes. For normal folk, you can only buy pre-86 stuff and no new ones are being allowed and old ones are breaking. Hence, the prices are going up about 15% per year.
    The M-16 I want would be about 12K. Or I might go with the registered H&K sear for about the same price.