A&P Anyone have a Canon Deluxe Backpack 200EG

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by LowLikeWhoaF150, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Derrict

Derrict No, I am not Amish OT Supporter

I'm using it. It's decent for the money.

The only annoying thing is the vast number of useless straps on the sides, bottom, and front.

2. I read that the straps on the bottom are for your tripod. I see that the bag only costs $40. I was getting ready to pay $200 for a huge bag at Ritz. :uh:

And I got ripped off too. My lowepro bag that I got for my sony was $60 and it's just a handbag with room for my camera and 2 lenses. :doh:

3. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 official OT hockey stud

Keep us posted if you buy that. I bought the Naneu Pro U100 backpack last week, took it home, and my laptop didn't fit in it. Shit. Looked pretty cool too, entirely removable 'photography' bag section so you can use it as a normal bag, plus it has the aforementioned laptop area. Now I'm back to square one...

4. Derrict

Good luck trying to get a 5 lb Manfrotto strapped in and not bang against your ass every step. All the straps are useless.

5. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

i was going to get that or splurge for the lowepro mini trekker aw. i ended up getting the mini trekker off ebay for $70 something

6. Pretty :cool:

7. :o :mamoru:

8. mojito

mojito New Member

canon is good for a begeineer and the wallet, but the straps are worth less.

i had one for a year or so, but the straps kept pulling off

9. I don't care about my wallet. I just want something that I can keep and it will work good. I don't want to buy something only to see myself trying to sell it 6 months down the road. I'm not good at selling stuff, that's why I'm not a salesman. I want stuff that will always be useful.

10. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

i'd recommend the mini trekker then. its awesome and has tons of room

11. mandarin orange

mandarin orange OT Supporter

i just bought that same bag last night from amazon.com. can't beat 36.99 shipped for that bag. and it's bigger than my current bag, the lowepro micro trekker 100. i was reading reviews on POTN and FM and people seem pleased with a bag that is so inexpensive. I just need a bigger bag to fit my stuff in

300D
    canon 70-200 f/4L
    tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    canon 50 f/1.8 II
    kenko extension tubes
    430ex flash
    and then filters and little stuff

12. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I'll 2nd the mini trekker.... I use it to carry my canon, my mamiya RB67, a nikkon flash, my 50mm f/1.8, my kit lens and whatever lens I happen to be renting. along with all my filters, shutter cables and other misc crap.

13. mojito

mojito New Member

i's go with a tamrac expedition series. they are way better built, padded and the quality is 10x the canon. its somthing that you can keep until you outgrow the internal size of rather than having to buy a new one from poor workmanship like i did

14. :eek3: wow those tamrac expeditions look pretty sweet, that 8 series is just freakin huge!! I think if I were to go for one of these it'd be the 5 or 7 series.

15. mojito

mojito New Member

i had the 5, but then did my major upgrades and needed the depth of the 7

16. this might sound gay but can you take pictures of yourself wearing the 7? :hs: :mamoru:

The pictures online don't really show much. Is the bag soo huge that it's like you have a sack full of dead babies on your back? or is it more on the slim side? I don't want something the size of a bus. That's what I'm trying to say. I am looking for something that I can wear comfortably around at events like car shows and weddings and stuff where I don't trust leaving my bag unattended.

17. Derrict

If you asked me to pose with the 200EG, I'd upload a shot of my nutsack.

18. :naughty: You promise?? :hay:

19. natelam

natelam New Member

Lowepro Nature Trekker AW II is what I use it will hold what you have and have room for a second body, lens detached.

20. mojito

mojito New Member

don't have any of it like that, but it is kinda obtrusive. The 5 isn't as much, since it isn't as deep.

21. BadRotation

BadRotation New Member

Tamrac 5374 > that :hsugh:

Same basic design, but better built, has slots for memory cards, etc....

[​IMG]

BTW, I have two bodies (EOS 1v hs, and 20d), 580ex, 70-200 2.8L, 50 1.8, the kit lens, three filters, and batteries, along with the canon charger for the 20d, ALL within the area that the cameras go.

Then I have the three memory holders full, the puch full of misc stuff, and the front pouch full of film, an supplies to clean the sensor on my digital bodies (pec pads, refined methanol, spatula) along with a ton of business cards.

It also carries the tripod.

VERY comfy pack, you wont even notice it on your back at all (the whole reason I bought it), and it holds a shitload of stuff for its rather small size.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
  22. Thanks guys there's alot of good suggestions in here. Keep em coming if there are more. I just found out that my camera will be here by friday at the latest!!! :run: :big grin: :coold:

so I gotta hurry up and find a bag or I'll just keep it in the box for a while :mamoru: :hsugh:

23. mandarin orange

mandarin orange OT Supporter

i should get my Canon bag sometime this week *hopefully*.. i'll take pics of it and stuff.. i know it isn't the best.. but i've been spending TOO much money on my camera.. so I can't afford to spend $100+ on a bag. so we'll see how 'bad' or 'good' the canon bag is.. my lowepro micro trekker 100 is nice and all.. but too small for my needs.

24. LS1>

LS1> OT Supporter

I have that bag and its just ok. I am sure you can find better.