MIL Anyone good with AKO/army resource sites

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by The Militant, Apr 21, 2010.

1. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

So I'm an e-4 reservist trying to deploy, I've run across units in the past but for some ungodly reason got rejected by my commander. However I do know of a few individuals in my unit that found available active units on AKO that were deploying and were able to succesfully get attached to them.
    I'm not sure how they did it or if its even an AKO feature, any advice on how to find units reserve or active to volunteer with would be helpful. I also tried WIAS but after the query I dunno wtf to do with the info.

btw, 21B E-4 no flags,great PT, in college, im just trying to deploy but either im retarded or the military makes it impossible.
    PM will do if you don't wanna post here.

2. smokie700

smokie700 right near da beach, Boiiiii

not sure about reservist but the guard has a site called GKO where you can sign up for deployment. the bad is that it takes forever and much faster if you know a unit that is deploying and transfer to them before mob site.

3. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

that's what I'm trying to do, all I've seen is the human resources volunteer thing which ive been on for two years and opportunities for nco's and officers on the site lol.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  4. smokie700

smokie700 right near da beach, Boiiiii

What sucks is trying to deploy as an E-5. All these units that have slots end up promoting their own guys and it sucks for people like me. (I'm not bitter though, It is only natural that a unit promotes their own before they look outside.)