WEB anyone get INC. Magazine?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by airbball23, Jan 14, 2009.

1. airbball23

airbball23 Rent this Space only $5/mnth

interesting article on markus fiend (dude who made plenty of fish).

dude seems like a WoW type guy but there was a good take away message in the article:

if your competitors are offering paid serviced (match.com) - you should offer free service and make it gain in popularity. This way - you can put advertisements on your site and attract people such as match.com to your site so they can get your free users to sign up for their paid service.

Unfortunately INC doesn't post articles on their site but if i can find it online i'll post it up. What you guys think? i thought it was an interesting strategy.

2. autox

autox OT Supporter

I was just reading that on the shitter today :rofl: Dude lives a fucking awesome life

3. airbball23

personally - i think he's bored of his life and he uses every excuse in the book to not add on to his site

but he does have a point - like the resizing of the images would cause people not to click on the picture to see more pics that are clearer so he increases his page view

lol @ the shoemoney reference calling him out and he shut up him

4. airbball23

5. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

6. airbball23

7. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

Yeah his methods are spot on. Not only does me make a mint with just adsense, he can easily turn those same users into perfectly targeted leads if and whenever he chooses. The pageview thing is a pretty common tactic but a lot of people miss out on it (when using CPM based ads). But when you realize the extra revenue that can be made just by getting people to look at more pages you start to understand why huge sites have their articles/reviews all broken up into multiple pages.

I remember back when shoemoney tried to call him out and he blew everyone away with his check. Dude was ballin running the site pretty much completely on his own. Just goes to show that many of the real money makers sit back on the sidelines silently making their cash while the so-called gurus make a small percentage of what they make.

8. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

9. airbball23

oh wow - i didnt take that into consideration. interesting point mang. :bowdown:

but mad annoying