GUN Anyone from CA here have a CCW?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Grouch, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Grouch

Grouch Guest

I've been reading up on them a bit. The qualifications are pretty general.

That bolded part looks like it’s the catch. Good cause is open to interpretation, do I have to be a victim of a violent crime to have good cause, or is good cause the desire to be prepared to responsibly defend myself should I be an attempted victim of a violent crime?

From this map it looks like the county I live in now (Fresno) is hard but not impossible, I didn’t realize that it's supposed to be so easy in so much of the state though.

[​IMG]

So anyways anyone here have any experiance?

2. Grouch

Grouch Guest

are you a pig? :p

cause I'm looking at becoming one after I get my BA.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2007
  3. twofourtysx

twofourtysx New Member

I know Kern and Placer counties are almost garunteed

4. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

My sister is a public defender for Orange County. She would probably have no problem getting one, but she "doesn't want one."

5. Grouch

Grouch Guest

My old county

Santa Clara County
    General notes
    Date updated: Nov 16, 2006 @ 4:33:36 pm EST

CA DOJ records indicate there are 188 permits in this county as of 2005. County population as of 7/1/2000 = 1,692,759

My new county

Fresno County
    General notes
    Date updated: Nov 16, 2006 @ 4:08:38 pm EST

CA DOJ records indicate there are 2694 permits in this county as of 2005. County population as of 7/1/2000 = 804,833

From what I'm reading on Glocktalk it sounds like our new sheriff is fairly open to CCW's

6. Gimik

Gimik New Member

isn't CA by county though, so if you are issued a CCW in one county, another county might not accept it?

7. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

It's that way everywhere; not just by county, but by city, municipality, town, etc, unless there is a statute that says specifically that city/town/etc laws may not trump state statutes. CCW isn't the thick blanket of security that most people think, there are quite a few holes.

What it comes down to is this: is the county/city/town/municipality prosecuting attorney, DA, whatever, willing to waste the court's time with Joe Citizen's firearm issue. Whether it makes it to the administrative offices of the court is dependent on the officer's discretion at the time of the incident. Whether it becomes an issue to the officer is up, in large part, to Joe Citizen. Acting in a responsible manner, being polite, relatively presentable, and having no background for the officer to frown on is a big part of officer discretion.

8. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I never thought of it this way because AZ is so lax about CCW laws (as far as I know, there are no counties/cities/etc. here that disallow state CCW). I know the reservations will give you a lot of problems, but those aren't even really part of the US I don't think, so I don't count them.

9. Grouch

Grouch Guest

I've been going through packing.org and I havn't seen anything like that, though I'm sure I'll find out the second I acutally go to the sherrif or ask the range I go too that does the training for it.

10. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

I dont have one,m and dont know anyone becides LEO's that have em

however im in San mateo county, pretty liberal (and not with CCW's),

most of rural counties you could probably get one, i plan on being LEO after i get my B.S., so ill be able to have one.

11. mds2004

mds2004 OT Supporter

I plan on getting one just because. I know my county issues the most than any other county.
    BY THE NUMBERS
    4,077: The number of active concealed weapons permits in Kern County in 2005.
    2,694: The number of active concealed weapons permits in Fresno County in 2005.
    1,358: The number of active concealed weapons permits in Los Angeles County in 2005.
    10: The number of active concealed weapons permits in San Francisco County in 2005.
    1: The number of active concealed weapons permits in San Benito County in 2005. This is the lowest number in the state.

That is from http://www.californiaconcealedcarry.com/