GUN anyone for sigs

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by wong, Jan 13, 2003.

1. wong

wong Guest

i euna sig 40 cal an no one seems to talk about sigs...what does everyone have against the best pistols in the world

2. phil1

phil1 Guest

I own a 239 in 9mm. I'm on OT a pretty good bit but usually never post that much. I spend most of my time on www.sigforum.com for gun related issues. I check The Arsenal about once a day. Nothing against it what so ever, just not that much traffic. Of course me not being here doesn't help. Back to Sig's, yes they are my favorite and I am currently looking saving up for either a 225 or a 228. I have small hands and love the 239 so a 225 will probably do it for me. I was considering a Smith & Wesson 3913 which I like, but I'm a true hardcore Sig fan. What model do you have???

3. smell my finger

smell my finger strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,

my friend has a .40 caliber p229 (i think that's the model number)

great gun and he loves it

4. phil1

phil1 Guest

More than likely a 229. If it is he can by a 357 & 9mm barrel to interchange as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2003
  5. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

their firearms are good quality, but their triggers are not to my liking. other than that, no qualms.

6. phil1

phil1 Guest

What is it about the triggers you don't like??

7. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

it's a long pull, and it's an odd feel. i'm sure some adjusting could be done. i'm not just talking the double action, but also the single action trigger pulls. i don't even know what specifically doesn't feel right, but there's something odd. like i said, it's a personal thing. i have a friend who for no real reason, doesn't like the feel of a glock in his hands. it's just inexplicable feel differences.

8. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Guest

No one has anything against HK's!! :fawk: ;)

9. Fox800

Fox800 Fear Boner OT Supporter

HK's? Bah.... I'll take a 226, 228, or 229 over a USP variant any day... :)

My ideal weapon for carry: 229 in .357 Sig

Ideal large frame handgun: 226 in .357 Sig

10. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I have a 229 and an H&K Tactical. Both are good stuff.

11. KW

KW Guest

I love my Sig 228. But I have found that it is a pretty boring gun - utterly reliable, accurate, points well in my hand. Other then swapping on a set of Hogue grips I haven't done anything to it except shoot it. No need to tinker, or ask how you should deal with a certain issue. Made me want to buy another gun to tinker with - which resulted in the purchase of a Bushmaster. :)