SRS Anyone felt their life was...short?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JBunni, Aug 20, 2009.

1. JBunni

JBunni New Member

I'm not sure what I'm looking for here. Just curious if anyone else has ever felt their time left was limited? :hs:

2. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

Yes. This more has to do with regrets and a less than optimistic outlook. I'm changing both. That and telling myself how bad it feels to remember things I regretted in the past (Not what I did but what I didn't do) really gives me a kick in the ass I need to just do shit. I can't turn back time and be a teen again or be a 19yo college student and it pisses me off all the things I was too scared to do. And worst of all, it seemed like yesterday. I don't get people in their 20's that say highschool feels like a lifetime ago. Time really goes by fast.

So now, while I'm still young, I'm making up for lost time in a big way.

3. CRXican

CRXican God Loves Ugly

I never think about how much time is left. People are living longer and longer these days.

If you have the time to sit around and think about that you need to find something to do. Get another job, go to school, find a hobby.

4. JBunni

JBunni New Member

well thats good that you're trying to change your outlook for the better.

This may sound stupid, but I'm 20, and I just feel like I have maybe 5 years or less left. I dont really 'feel' life going beyond that. Its not, pessimism, or even depression. I feel my life started a few years ago, and will end a few years from now. When people tell me, "oh you have a lifetime to make up your mind" or whatever, I really feel that I dont.

5. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

A lot of people feel like that at a young age because they don't think forward. :dunno:

6. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

:rofl: I know what you're talking about.

I was positive I'd never make it to 18. Then I hit 21 and I was like, WTF... then 24 and I was like "alright, I'm gonna drop dead like, any minute..." and now being 26 I have NO IDEA how I got this far :rofl:

And it's odd cause I'm not at all what one might consider a risk-taker; there's no reason why I should feel like my life is in imminent danger, but I always have :dunno:

I've always had a really hard time picturing myself in the future- maybe that's where it stems from, I dunno.

7. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Yep. Exactly.

yeah, I think you're right.

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

a human life is just really short. When watching some of those hubble space telescope images of how stuff has been around for billions of years. It takes about 200 million years for our sun to go around the center of the milky way, so even if you reach to live 200 years old, you'd not even experience 0,000001% of that ride. :hsd:

9. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

Well...the things you could do on earth in 80 years are almost limitless. There are only so many places to go...now you can meet every other human being but you could surely visit every county (especially if you didn't desire to visit a few).

I would like to retire early. Like 55-60 and take one of those 6-7 month transatlantic cruises. Late fifties is a great age to still be young enough to enjoy your experience, old enough to have the money, and smart enough to do it right.

Talking about that makes me sad though because my dad passed at 54 and he missed out on so much and my mom doesn't have her life partner...but that's why you have to try and travel and do the things you want while you're young too, even if you can't afford that 'dream trip' quite yet. :)

10. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

I really don't picture myself being any older then 25...I cant picture myself having a career either.

11. katt_85

katt_85 OT Supporter

I've always known that life is short. I have occasionally reminded myself to keep motivated so that I won't look back and feel like I've wasted my life. Losing a loved one makes you realize how little time we actually have and how it could all be over a lot sooner than we think.

12. SpacemanTrees

SpacemanTrees New Member

yea im only 20 but i wish i could go back to 12 again and relive my life. i live a decent life and people look at me and think i have everything but i really dont. i want so bad to redo things, work out more, pick and choose friends and could have been an actor or rapper. but all you can do is wake up each day and make the best of it.

13. bader3245

bader3245 New Member

I am pretty much in that exact same boat but 25....

14. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

I am 33 and I would be very surprised if I live to see 40. Life just progressively gets shittier and I have done damn near everything I can think of to move past the shit yet nothing ever changes. Im sure I will eventually take the easy way out. Not trying to be a downer but I just dont see it any other way.

15. Daria

Daria New Member

I'm worried about how far I'll make it, but more worried about my loved ones. All of my family have life-threatening health problems. I have health problems that could be life-threatening if I don't take care of myself. I THOUGHT I was going to be really ill by 20 and dead by 30, but I've found a way and support from others to help me through my problems and I now see I have the potential to live into retirement.

I can't say that about my loved ones, so I spend as much quality time with them as possible. There's really not much else that you can do but take the ride and make the best of it.

I have to say that finding a career and actually working your way up in a professional career makes life seem so much longer and fulfillingly challenging, because there is so much knowledge to master and new skills to learn, especially with the frequent advances in medicine, science, space exploration, information technology etc.

16. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

When I was 24 or 25 I simply couldn't imagine myself living to be 30. It was too far away and I thought I'd be dead long before I hit the big 30. Then after hitting 30, I thought....no way I'll ever hit 40....I just turned 42 earlier this year.

I don't have the feeling about 50, 60 or even 70. I've just realized that whether or not I live a long life is completely out of my hands. I also think about dogs and cats and other life forms. They don't seem overly preoccupied with life and how long they will live.....they simply live in the moment.

As I've aged, I realize that I can't do everything in life that I want to do.....so I'm much more selective in some ways and much less selective in others. I simply see this as me refocusing my attention to what really matters to me.

So....don't worry about it.....we're all going to die one day so just live your life and try to enjoy the journey. Soon enough you'll be my age and think....wow....if I only knew then what I know now. :)