SRS Anyone feel depressing as they grew up?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mitochondrial, Jan 31, 2007.

1. mitochondrial

mitochondrial New Member

As stated, I often feel a lot of burdens and pressures increased as I am growing up because I held more responsibilities. It made me feel I couldn't breath sometime. However, when I try to look back, those burdens and pressures are just nothing after I went thru.

I also notice as I grew up, I am not being easy to be satisfied. When I was small, a super nintendo game would satisfied me and I would get excited all over night of playing it. However, nowaday when I brought myself a car (decent one, not a lambo), I wouldn't feel happy about it, too. It seems like I don't know what I want that would make me feel happy as I grew up.

I wonder does anyone feel in this way before and any suggestion ?

2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I know what you mean. I miss that. When I was a kid I would be so happy playing NES or SNES games all day. Now video games just aren't that much fun anymore. Maybe it's because I'm sick of first person shooters or Mario 64 clones (all video games today are in one of those two genres... or they're sports games, but I never liked those). The last great videogame was Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for PS1. Best. Sidescroller. Ever.

3. SpeedsterZ28

SpeedsterZ28 OT Supporter

Kick ass post! Well said! :bigthumb:

4. mitochondrial

mitochondrial New Member

Good point...

I start to find out when I study something for my career often gave me a great satisfication. I asked some of the people why do I feel in this way and often question myself am I a prevert or workalholic ...

Oh well, at least study will make me feel better, then I will do it to keep me feel better. Never felt like this before... I guess it's time for me to determine of getting some certifications in order to be prepared for a promotion...

5. mitochondrial

mitochondrial New Member

Are you trying to say the process of getting something you want is far more interested in the result of getting something you want at the end? and we should enjoy in the process and not to enjoy at the result?

6. mitochondrial

mitochondrial New Member

Change is always whta I am looking for...however, it seems like I have no change at all cuz I feel I am back to square one about what I did to change myself. It's like there's a restrain in your life which you can't break away and if you don't do something about it, it keep on shrinking and limit yourself. The only way to expand it is to keep on changing... however, if you don't do that constantly, you will be back to square one again... That's just how i feel currenlty

7. mitochondrial

mitochondrial New Member

video games nowaday too focus on graphic and there's no meaning of playing it...

I remember some games like bof 2, chrono trigger or even final fantasy 7 (the latest) made me feel like crying after beating the game... each game I think I spend more than 100 hours ... tihnking it back, it was my most precious good time in my life...

8. mitochondrial

mitochondrial New Member

yeah, I found out that the way should be in the past, too.
    However, I found out the relationship I had is mostly depending on material posessions... It's hard to find a good relationship.