Anyone familiar with Gallery2?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Swak, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Swak

Swak Artificially known as ObsoleteAsian

I am modifing Gallery2 from Menalto for a website, and having a bitch ass problem with the hot linking.. If anyone knows anything about it, it would help.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

.htaccess will help you prevent hotlinking.

3. Swak

Swak Artificially known as ObsoleteAsian

I am not trying to prevent hotlinking... I enabled it to happen but for some reason I am having trouble getting a clean URL, or cleaner than the one they are giving me.

http://eekit.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=58&g2_GALLERYSID=093bda5d1133a09c9417e855402c6f50

that url is the clean url its pumping out.. and i am trying to figure out how to get it to pump something that will work everywhere.

It is probably some config i am overlooking, i have been changing a ton of crap tho so my mind is kind of mushed.

Oh and another thing pissing me off. I have all my group permissions right on the main album and which is suppose to trickle to all subalbums but everytime someone makes a new album it doesn't carry over any of the damn fucking permissions.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

yea, it's in the config. You can change it as admin by using their web-based configuration pages. You have some option enabled to mask the true url of the pictures (remember pics must be in web-accessible directory)