Anyone familiar with Compustar alarms/ remote starters

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Arman Tanzarian, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Arman Tanzarian

Arman Tanzarian New Member

I just had one installed this weekend on my 2006 Sierra and the parking lights don't work when I unlock the doors and the courtesy lights (front daytime lights and reverse lights) no longer work at night when I unlock the doors. WTF ? Can I make that stuff work again like it did with the factory keyless system?

2. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

not familiar with that product, but you can have those lights working again, you'll need to make sure that the alarm has a domelight supervision output, and a relay will need to be wired into these circuits. as far as the parking lights go, either the shop didn't connect them, or connected the wrong wire. there are 2 options on the truck, a positve wire and a negative wire.

3. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

Yea i'd take it back to the shop, and like JRock said you shoul dbe able to use the domelight supervision output and relay.

4. racingamg

racingamg New Member

i have that alram on my mark viii and my puddle light, the light under the outside mirror didnt work anymore. the lights inside my car work when i unlock the car but they couldnt get the puddle lights to work with the alram. you will like the range on the alram. mine goes pretty far.

5. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

dude, can you not type alARm? :mamoru:

6. racingamg

racingamg New Member

my fingers cant spell for shit, alright

7. Arman Tanzarian

Arman Tanzarian New Member

Yeah I guess my lights are like your puddle lights. I'll call the shop because I really like when the reverse lights light up at night until I open the door. Hopefully they just forgot something. When I use the factory remote they still light up so who knows. Thanks