Anyone familiar with Alsoft's DiskWarrior?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by IcyHot4Life, Jul 2, 2008.

1. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

I'm fucking around with some new and old drives and I hear it's the best app around for verifying / repairing disks. Anyone have it? What's your opinion of the app?

2. MUDFISH

MUDFISH New Member

I know thats what the Apple store uses when you bring in a HD that you think may be fried... :dunno:

3. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Disk Warrior is a one trick pony but what it does, it does better then anything else (and has for years). If you need a directory repair utility, Disk Warrior is it. Drive Genius is great for everything else (partitioning, block scanning, and more). TechTool is pretty useless. It does some of the things that Drive Genius does but not was well/fast/or stability plus it can't be done from the boot CD (they claim it's cause of memory issues but that's 100% BS because the things it does don't require much memory, they're just a shitty company with bad people that like to lie about all kinds of things).

Drive Genius and Drive Genius are all you need (Apple uses both as their main tools for drive repair).

4. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

I have TechTool Deluxe via AppleCare and it's been okay so far :dunno: I've never heard of Drive Genius, I'll have to look into that... I'm actually surprised that I haven't seen it on any of the warez sites either, given that it's supposedly that good :dunno:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  5. Dweezil

Dweezil New Member

I'm guessing you mean drive genius and disk warrior?

6. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Heh heh, oops. Yes.

The version of TechTool that comes with AppleCare is TechTool Deluxe and is missing many of the features that TechTool Pro includes. Still, it's worthless. Lots of the tests are pretty pointless. Who needs to test their video RAM? It's not like it can be repaired with a disk utility if it's bad. Their repair strategy is to create a 2nd partition on your drive that you can boot from to repair the main partition. Problem with that is there is a good chance that the 2nd partition will be damaged too if the main one is damaged. They have marketing money and that's what gets them the high praise (if you buy a full page ad with Macworld mag, you get an automatic 4 mice or better).