Anyone experience lower back pain?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Ludwig, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ludwig

Ludwig New Member

It takes 8-12 weeks for it heal?! I havent done deadlifts for about 3 weeks and i totally forgot my form and i messed up. I don't have a strain muscle (sharp pain) but when i lean over/bend then i could feel it in my lower back. Is there anything i can do?

2. Lower back pain is a myth in body building. :hsugh:

3. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

I have found deadlifts actually help my lower back pain (from years of bad posture and sitting)

4. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Lower back pain almost everyday for almost 2 years now.

5. velamint

velamint Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon

I've had it for about a year now. I'm in physical therapy now, mostly doing stretches and some core exercises :hs:

6. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

7. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

"Hey Vinny, throw another plate on the bar!" said Chuck Steak as he dusted the excess chalk off his hands and walked over to the power rack. "I'm going for 855!"

9 plates lined each side of the Texas power bar (don't mess with Texas) that now lay on the floor in front of the rack. Today seemed just like any other day for Chuck: wake up, beat the wife, pin some test, and get to the gym for a ball busting animal workout. On his 10th set of deadlifts he was going to attempt something he had never done before: 100 reps of his previous one rep max. See, while everything appeared normal to an outside observer, Chuck had taken his training to the next level, THE ANIMAL LEVEL. Before going to the gym Chuck took not one, but TWO, Animal Paks. This combined with the hgh, test, equipoise, halotestin, dbol, tren, deca, and winstrol was sending his testosterone through the roof.

He walked over to the bar and stared it down. "I'm about to make you my bitch," he said as he grabbed the bar and prepared to lift. Just then he noticed a hippie lookind kid with long hair doing bicep curls in front of the mirror.

"Hey Jerry Garcia, get the fuck out of my way, I'm trying to focus here."

The kid finished his set and moved his yoga mat closer to Chuck, having no idea what was in store for him. "I'm a member of this gym too and I can lift wherever I want!" he said like a pussy. Uh oh.

Chuck's face flushed with anger. "OH YEAH STONER BOY? LET'S GET HIGH!" he screamed as he picked the kid up and military pressed him into the ceiling, crushing his skull and leaving a pair of legs hanging down. "FUCK WITH THE ANIMAL AND HE FUCKS YOU!" Chuck yelled, "I CAN'T BE STOPPED, I'M A MOTHERFUCKIN BEAST. CAN YOU HANDLE IT?"

By this time everyone in the gym was staring, expecting him to bust out a record number of deadlifts. He cleaned the hippie brains off of his hands, re-chalked, stepped up to the bar, and begin lifting. At this point the animal pak took over and he banged out 10 easy reps.

"YEAH BUDDY, LIGHTWEIGHT" 20 reps. "AIN'T NOTHIN BUT SOME DEEBAWLS!" 30 reps, then 40 reps, 50 reps, it seemed like he could go forever. But at around 75 he started noticing a pain in his back. It felt like the weight was literally tearing his spine in half and rupturing his discs. "FUCK THIS PUSSY SHIT!" was the last thing he said before "it" happened, and the memory of it is still with him to this day, the memory of when he became a true animal.

On rep 80 Chuck Steak ruptured every disk in his back, causing him massive pain. He threw the the weight forward into the mirror, shattering it and howled in agony, but one word could be heard over his screams: "ANNNNIIIIIIIMMMMMMAAAAALLLLLL."

He grabbed a large piece of the mirror and motioned for his spotter to help him. Using the jagged shard of glass, he cut his back open, reached in, and grabbed his spinal cord. He cracked it in half at the base of his skull and ripped it out, sending blood and bone everywhere. He knew he had to think of something fast so he grabbed an E-Z curl bar and a bunch of 5lb plates, and Chuck became the first man to ever literally become part of the gym.

He wedged the bar where his spine used to be and used the plates as a support, after collaring them (safety first, kids) He looked again at the bar. He saw one of his ruptured vertebrae sitting on the floor, so he threw it at the head of a kid doing partial squats. "YOU'RE NOT ANIMAL, THIS IS ANIMAL." He walked over to the kid and punched through his stomach, ripping out his large intestine and fashioning it into a belt. Now he was ready.

He cranked out 20 more reps, finishing his set of 100, and set the bar down. At that moment all the testosterone running through his veins caused his testicles to swell to the size of basketballs, which he then ate as a post-workout snack.

Animal Paks. Animal tested, Animal approved.

Stay tuned for more Adventures of Chuck Steak!(tm)

8. stealthrapt0r

stealthrapt0r me lift weights

how do you deal with it?

9. AznRyda

AznRyda キモかわいい!

That scares me. I thought my back would eventually heal.

10. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

I thought my advice was better for real world application.

11. SilverJettaGLX

SilverJettaGLX OT Supporter

12. Ludwig

Ludwig New Member

Thanks superbri007 i'll try that, i havnt gone to the gym and im already feel like shit. :hs:

timberwolf - Wow that must be some serious injury.

By the replies by you guys that mean my lower back wont be heal for a while, well shit.... Do any of you still do deadlifts or squats?

13. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

ricer

14. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I've had ART, accupressure, acupunture, sports therapy (using waved electrical stimulation) etc. which all helped to different degrees. Some of them helped where back pain subsided significantly.
    I am significantly weaker in squats and some movements. And also definitely need to warmup more. I actually find that doing cardio lightly before my weight workout helps significantly. Possibly because of increased circulation. I'm wondering if taking thermos before the workout helps with the pain because during the workout is when I feel it the least.

15. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

tore muscle tissue doing deadlifts 2 years ago, my back hasnt been the same since. Re-injured it again about 6 months ago squatting, being 6'2 sucks

16. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

17. 0wn3d_productivity

0wn3d_productivity OT Supporter

Busted a disc out doing deadlifts once. It never goes away, but does get better. MRI showed it as not being overly serious, so they don't want to do surgery, which is fine with me.

18. Searcher

Searcher New Member

19. Gutrat

Gutrat "GET DOWN..."

:rofl: I laughed.
    9.5/10 for a good effort. You should really consider becoming an author.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.