Anyone ever use Pinnacle?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Y2Josh95, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Y2Josh95

Y2Josh95 Lurking...

My uncle sells/uses Pinnacle products and it's some of the best stuff I've used, I know that everyone seems to like the S100 (I've honestly never used it) But I know this stuff works well, it is a tad bit expensive though. There Souveran wax is incredible on black and red cars.

Don't know if anyone's interested but I can get kits and such at a good price through my uncle. http://www.pinnaclewax.com/

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I've used both Souveran and Paste Glaz and while they leave an incredible shine and are incredibly easy to use, I like S100 more, especially on metallics because S100 seems to make them 'pop' out more. Souveran may hold a very slight edge on black paint, but certainly not enough to warrant the $55 difference in price.

It's still great stuff and if you can get it cheaper than the normal prices of $69 for Souveran and $35 for Paste Glaz, they are definitely worth trying if you want a see what a real high end wax can do.

3. Y2Josh95

Y2Josh95 Lurking...

I have a 1998 Chrysler Sebring LXI, it's considered Paprica Red in color... I say copper. I have 2 questions, first off I'm getting it buffed by a friend of mine who used to do it professionally, I have a lot of swirl marks when he buffs it I was gonna have him use Pink Fil In Glaze... would that be best or do you know of something better. Second I'm gonna wax it after, do you think the S100 or Pinnacle would be better for the color?

4. Scottwax

I really have no way of knowing exactly what steps your car needs to remove the swirls without seeing it in person. You need to make sure though that he is using the proper pads, aka a foam polishing pad for the swirl remover and a foam finishing or waffle pad for the final glaze before waxing.

You can't go wrong with either Souveran or S100, but if the paint is a metallic, I think S100 will look better.

5. Y2Josh95

Y2Josh95 Lurking...

Thanks man :bigthumb:

6. NEW996

NEW996 New Member

I love Pinnacle. I use the Sov Wax on my car (which is "Ford's Laser Red") and it comes out great! I don't have any pics at the moment, but I usually wax it a second time about 2 or 3 days after the first wax - sometimes a week later depending on how busy I am. I was told buy the store I bought it from that the manufacturer stated that once the wax has time to cure, a second coat will intensify the deepening or the wetness. And you know what... they were right. Wow were they right!
    :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

7. Y2Josh95

Y2Josh95 Lurking...

I've waxed my uncle's red Ford Lightning so many times with that stuff that it's about 5 or 6 shades deeper than the factory color :eek:

8. Scottwax

Agreed. Souveran is great on reds and blacks. If the price was half, I'd use it more often.

BTW, they have a 2nd generation liquid version of Souveran available now.

9. NEW996

NEW996 New Member

Yea, the 1st gen wasn't that great.... the creme glaz was better. I haven't tried 2nd gen yet.