A&P Anyone ever traded lenses?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by mandarin orange, Jun 15, 2006.

1. mandarin orange

mandarin orange OT Supporter

Just curius if anyone has traded lenses or camera equipment.. I'm about to trade a lens I have for sale with someone else's L lens.. is there a safe way or doing it? Both of us have great feedbak on FredMiranda.com.. so i DONT think there should be a problem..but if i were to ship my lens and he would to never ship my lens.. what could i do? I dont think I could contact my bank because.. well there was no money transaction. is it all just a big risk?

2. frozenhubcap

frozenhubcap New Member

I do it all the time at work.. We buy, sell, and trade on eBay, Fred Miranda, with the folks at KEH. We neve get screwed. As long as you feel you can trust the guy, and he's done big transactions like it in the past, go for it.

3. mojito

mojito New Member

so you go and buy a new lens, don't even use it, say your straped for cash, but instead of selling it you trade it?

and for what?

4. mandarin orange

mandarin orange OT Supporter

i'm trading for a 16-35f/2.8L lens and yes i could use the extra cash.. i dont NEED cash.. but i prefer to not spend so much on a lens at this moment considerig i already have a few decent lenses

however I have a 17-40f/4L lens that i will sell. i want a f/2.8L lens, but i can't spend $1000 on a lens right now. so if i trade that lens.. then sell my 17-40f/4L lens.. i would just be *upgrading* lenses.

and i dont NEED cash.. i have money in my bank.. i just dont feel like spending another $1000 on a lens right now. i wanted to upgrade my 17-40 to the 16-35 and eventually my 70-200 f/4 to the 70-200 f/2.8 non-is