GUN anyone ever tinker with a tec-22?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by crazybenf, Oct 16, 2006.

1. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

I have a tec-22 I picked up about 10 years ago at a gun show for $125. This thing is a blast, and it hardly ever jams. (which goes against 99.99% of all intratec gun owners accounts :o )

I've pulled it out after letting it sit for a few years in the vault, and I'm curious to play with the pin on it. I've heard you can file the pin and get it to go 2 shot or full.. I've also read something about a "clip"

Anyone here done this? Some guy is selling a video with the conversion steps... but it's $40.

For the disclaimer- I'm C2 and able to file for C3 if it's modified to full auto.

2. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

I had no idea you could make a class 3 weapon yourself? :confused:

What is the legality on making a weapon fire full auto if you have a class 3?
    I always thought the only FA firearmd you could own had to be pre 86, and was always a FA

Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  3. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think these were available FA back in the day so it probably just needs a sear I would look for that before filing shit down which could lead to problems..

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dealers can own post 86 samples, regular people can not, if your are a dealer you can only sell your post 86's to other dealers and LEO's.

6. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

TL- Word, I'll keep checking around then, I wasn't aware that there were FA models of these available.

I know the tec-22 and tec-9/dc9 were specifically cited in the ban list in '93, but I thought it was because of their ease in modification into FA.

I'm going to keep checking/asking around, thanks for the input. :hsd: