GUN Anyone ever ship a rifle with FedEx?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bigsnake, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

The UPS center here was shit when I had to pick-up a package and I definately do not want to ship with them again.

There is a FedEx main center about 9 miles away I'm thinking about going with. Do I have to go to the main center with them? I can't find anything about shipping firearms on their webpage.

2. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

I have. Got there and back safely.

3. striker754

striker754 Chillin

use usps

4. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Shit, I can't find much information.

Who can I ship with that doesn't require me to have an FFL? From what I'm reading, it looks like FedEx requires it.

5. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

where's the cheapest place? i'm about to go out in about an hour to ship a rifle, and i want dirt ass cheap. he doesn't care about speed, it can get there in 2 weeks for all he cares. i want something dirty hooker cheap.

6. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I want to get this thing shipped today as well. Sitting here in a box.

I've been looking at the post office rules and I think I can ship with them easily.

Looks like FedEX requires you to be an FFL though.

Why is this such a pain in the ass.

7. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

FedEx has fucked some major shit up twice for my friend. Once, they delivered an upper to the wrong house in his neighborhood, and it was never seen again. $1800 in an upper, gone. The other time, they tried to blame my friend for this one:

Driver says he delivered 3,000 rds of ammo, signed for by my buddy. Funny thing is, not only is it NOT my buddy's signature, but he and I were at the range over an hour away at that very time. Turns out, the driver had his son with him, helping deliver shit. The son rang the doorbell, and when no one came, the son faked the signature to speed things up, left the package, and went on his way. Too bad the signature was for my friend's whole name, when he only signs his first initial, then the rest of his name. It was a huge bitch to get FedEx to cough up the money, and in the end, the driver actually has to pay for it. My friend no longer allows dealers or merchants to ship to him via FedEx.

8. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Thanks

I just got off the phone with Dean and he said just go to any post office, declare what it is, and ship with signature required.

9. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Rifle is off to DGR. Wasn't too hard to ship it with USPS. Guy just had to spend 10 minutes finding their manual so he could look up what is required to ship a rifle :o

10. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

i just went to ups and shipped it for 8 bucks. haha. asked what it was, i said "rifle" they said "k", and took my package. haha. only thing wrong is i had to drive through the G-H-E-T-T-O. haha. 19 year old driving through a housing project in a BMW is a little weird

11. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

damn, good price.

Mine was $25 2 day with $1000 insurance.

12. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

UPS 7 day no insurance ftw. haha. oh well, it was only a hi-point. i did ship my 24" upper at the same time and that shit was 20 bucks 4 day w/ 500 in insurance. now i have to drive back through the ghetto to UPS, b/c when i went to drop off the packages, the UPS man tried to deliver my new holster, so now i have to drive back to pick it up. driving in the dark through a housing project that goes for 1 mile ftl. ibraped