A&P Anyone ever printed out their digital photos?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by LS20, Jun 30, 2002.

1. LS20

LS20 Guest

especially at the wallmart labs?

i want to see if there are any noticable difference between 1600x1200 and 1024x768 if printed out on a 4x6

2. sporff

sporff We're rotten fruit. We're damaged goods.

you will see a difference given the same camera and circumstances. maybe not be a TON depending on the picture though. it'll prolly look slightly blurred because there just isn't enough pixels.

i think the rule of thumb is 200 DPI at least for photo-quality and 1024x768 - 4x6" is below that.

3. ///TRASH

///TRASH Hideously Erect

I printed out some of my girlfriend and her daughter for mother's day but i forgot when I was taking the pics and only took them at 680X420 or whatever but they still turned out alright

4. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

i've only printed out 2, and it makes a big difference on the paper you use.

also, i have an epson stylus 777 for a printer. i'm looking at getting another one for printing pics on. the hp photosmart 1115 looks like what i'll be buying.

anyone got suggestions?

5. assmonkey

assmonkey Guest

my printer sucks dick :(

6. did that come optional DAMN sometimes i wish that i had a printer liek that...
    how much did it cost?

7. anyone wanna post the formula so see what DPI you'll get?

8. LS20

LS20 Guest

http://www.shortcourses.com/how/resolution/printed.htm

Since image sizes are described in pixels and photographic prints in inches, you have to convert from pixels to inches. To do so, you divide the image's dimension in pixels by the resolution of the device in pixels per inch (ppi). For example, to convert the dimensions for a 1500 x 1200 image being printed at 300 ppi you divide as follows:

Width: 1500 pixels ÷ 300 ppi = 5"

Height: 1200 pixels ÷ 300 ppi = 4"