GUN anyone ever order from Budsgunshop.com?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ElCidKid, Jul 25, 2008.

1. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

www.budsgunshop.com How was the serivce? the product? how long did it take to get to your FFL? or house if you are an FFL holder?

2. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I was going to but they have a little catch that you pay more if you're using a credit card. (last time I tried anyway). So I skipped em.

3. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i ordered something on wednesday, he said it would ship next tuesday :dunno: i'll post updates when i can.

its 3% more with a credit card

4. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

if you use a master card or a visa they can't. just call the your CC company and tell them they charged you extra for using the card.

5. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

It's a pretty common practice at gun shops.

6. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

also, if you order a handgun to an FFL it's overnight delivery, right?

7. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I ended up getting it locally for a little more money, but much less hassle.

8. AB13

AB13 New Member

Please tell me more about this. I see this done all the time and I'd like to know if it's something to the equivilent of sellers saying " discreet paypal " etc. And is something they "shouldn't" be doing.

Kinda like when Wamart attempts to detain you at the door to read your receipt, they have no legal recourse to do this, but they try to enforce this all the time. I walk out anyways.

Costco is allowed to do this because it is written into their membership clause, Walmart is not a private membership establishment.

9. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

10. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

http://usa.visa.com/download/merchants/card_acceptance_guide.pdf

Page 9 bottom of the page

11. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Note that a cash discount is legal and permitted under all credit card companies rules. A cash discount offers a lower price for cash than credit; for example, many gasoline stations offer cash discounts. While this may merely be a loophole, it is permitted. In addition, there are a few state governmental agencies, including state tax offices and motor vehicle departments, that are permitted to charge surcharges due to state laws that do not permit them to pay discount fees. However, retail merchants may not impose surcharges.

12. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

I think the "discrete paypal" is because "gun" can end up getting an account shut down on PayPal.

13. AB13

AB13 New Member

14. AB13

AB13 New Member

yeah, you're rite, bad example. Thanks for the heads up.

15. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

the reason why I asked is because I placed an order with bundsgunshop on monday morning, by 2:00pm eastern time the payment had cleared my credit card but on the website today my order is still processing. I think its kind of ridiculous its taking 5 full business days to get shipped. I'm just trying to make sure i'm not getting hosed.

16. cantankerously

cantankerously Active Member

What did you order?

17. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

It will say processing for awhile, they don't update it that often. You are better off just calling your FFL. I've ordered from them and it still said processing, but it had been sitting at my FFL for 3 days already.

18. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/shipping.php

:dunno: it sucks it takes that long but they probably space it out so they don't get jammed up with orders. i doubt you're being hosed. they seem like a pretty reputable store. when i ordered the guy told me he would email me a copy of the invoice with a tracking number - according to him next tuesday - if i dont hear anything then im gonna call wednesday morning :dunno:

19. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Several comments:

dealers don't have to ship next day air

you're wasting your time if you argue about merchant agreements on gun dealers and their cash discount prices

buds shop is reputable, but shipping is usually slow. expect it to take as long as they say it may take

20. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

I've ordered twice from BGS. I ordered a Savage 10FCP at the beginning of July. They shipped it a day or two later. Flawless transaction.

Two weeks later, I ordered an 870 Express. I waited the full 7 days with no sign of shipment from my order status. So, on day 8 (yesterday), I called to find out what the status of my order was. The guy I talked to was very polite and willing to help. I got no excuses from him, just a very honest, "I honestly have no idea why it hasn't shipped yet, but I'll get right on it." Today, it's sitting at my FFL. They overnighted it for me. F'n sweet.

Even with the 3% from using a credit card + my $15 transfer fee ( :bowdown: ) from my local FFL, it still comes out cheaper than going to my local shop and ordering, not to mention, I don't have the put up with the local shops bullshit.

I will continue to order exclusively from BGS so long as they carry the item I'm looking for. I've VERY pleased with my two previous transactions.

21. s2k

s2k OT Supporter

any other online firearm dealers that have good prices, good selections like budsgunshop.com, and no cc fee?

22. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

i most cases buds was the cheapest, and like its been said before even with the 3% hit and the transfer free it comes out less.

23. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Yeah, and I'll order from them again, definitely.

24. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

I sent them a cashier's check and was extremely satisfied with their service.

25. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

as far as i can tell they're one of the better places to order from on the internet. i would look to CDNN first, but those assholes wont ship to CA :sad2:

i think impactguns is a good alternative :dunno: