SRS Anyone ever have nightmares?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RebootEnzo, Apr 2, 2008.

1. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

For about the last month I have been having nightmares to the point of waking up in a sweat. Usually I sleep very well but at least once a week or up to three days a week I have a pretty bad nightmare. Sometimes my heart rate is very high or I fling open the door only to snap out of it seconds later wondering why I am doing what I am doing. I didn't really think of it until I notice that I had been having them for a while when at one time I had almost none. I really can't remember anything about the nightmares besides the waking up part.

2. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

I get them when I'm really stressed- but I always remember them. I can never get back to sleep after that.

If you can't remember anything about them, then maybe they're not nightmares :dunno:

3. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

I get them all the time, for about a week they stopped and I felt great, but ever since then they have come back. Yes, I remember every single one. The minor ones I forget within a few hours, the really terrible ones I remember for quiet awhile.

4. yexy

yexy New Member

I used to get really intense nightmares...I turned the tables on 'em and started writing them down the moment I woke up...got some sweet short stories out of the deal. I don't have them nearly as much now; one or two mild ones every few months.

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I get them pretty often actually, but I really don't mind. I am on some seizure meds that have a side-effect of VERY vivid dreams. I find it interesting what my dreams/nighmares will throw at me, and its interesting to analyze later. Only thing that really bugs me is losing sleep from waking up, and not being able to go back to sleep because i am soaked in sweat.

I think it would bug me more in your situation, where you can't remember what the acutal nighmare was. Maybe you could work on trying to remember your dreams more. Try keeping a dream journal and writing down everything you can remember...usually as you write, you will remember more.

6. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

I get weird dreams. Like this morning, I was dreaming about pouring a liquid form of desire in a cup, and apparently IRL--I stuck my hand out to the SO and said to him, "Hun, go put the cup of desire in the sink."

Do any of you believe that our unconsciousnesses is trying to speak to us through dreams? Whether we should be doing something, how we're really feeling about something particular?

7. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

No, never. Not once. Must be something wrong with you.

:mamoru:

Of course everyone has nightmares. Some people wake up, some don't. I don't usually wake up from them because they're not usually horror-movie nightmares, they're mind-fuck nightmares.

I had this one that kept recurring for about two years after I graduated college: I was about to graduate, when the admissions department contacted me because they realized they overlooked a missing admission requirement when they accepted me to the college -- so they were going to need me to go back to high school to complete that requirement before they could give me my degree.

If you knew how much I loathe school and how strong my reaction is to the idea of a bunch of people getting to decide unilaterally whether I'm allowed to live a decent life or not, you'd understand why I would wake up in the morning to find my sheets soaked in sweat after having that dream.

Happens to everyone, man. It's nothing special. Your brain is just putting 2+2 together to create scenarios for you to react to. It's practice for real life.

8. Vysion

Vysion New Member

I fucking LOVE nightmares... for some reason I love waking up in a sweat from a good nightmare... I'm wierd like that...

9. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

haven't had one in who knows how long. then again, i rarely remember my dreams, so i might've had one and not realize it.

the only dream that sticks out are a reoccuring dream i had about falling off a roof and being chased by something (raptors, monsters, etc.) in a hedge maze. those were when i was younger though.

never had a wake up startled type of dream, the only time when i wake up while sleeping is to use the restroom or because i'm uncomfortable.

10. Exiled

Exiled New Member

I never ever have good dreams.

Everytime I dream (few times a week) I have nightmares. I hate dreaming.

11. Exiled

Exiled New Member

I had this lucid dream once where I was thrown off of a planet.. I was flying through space trying to get to another planet.. I finally got to one, I landed on a cliff.. a giant snake scared me and I jumped off the cliff.. and then when the snake got close I jumped off the planet.

Also had another lucid dream where I was on a flying jetski.. then I got into the water and I could never get it to fly again.. I tried though very hard to get it to fly too, I would almost get it out of the water but I couldn't get it to fly.

12. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

not for a while now but every once and again

13. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Dude, I have nightmares about being raped and stabbed. You have nightmares about flying jet skis and snakes. :rofl: I'd be willing to trade :x:

14. Exiled

Exiled New Member

LOL

Those were just 2 lucid dreams I remember

My nightmares are pretty crazy.. plane crashes were lastnight.. I actually jumped out of the plane and survived right before it crashed

15. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

I know everyone gets nightmares but I used to almost never get them and sleep like a rock. WoW guys a ton of you are having nightmares but I suppose it is a good thing I don't remember mine.