Anyone ever had both USB and PS2 ports fail?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Twinturbos101, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Twinturbos101

Twinturbos101 OT Supporter

So last night I put in a new graphics card. After I turned my computer back on I tried both PS2 and USB keyboards and neither worked. Has anyone ever had or heard of someone having this problem? I'm assuming something on the mobo fried/failed but am at a loss as to what.

Computer boots/runs perfectly outside of the fact that you can't use USB or PS2 ports :bash:

2. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

Low power? What type of power supply do you have? Watts? Try putting your old video card back and seeing if it works, higher end video cards can be power hungry.

3. Twinturbos101

I'm 90% sure that it's a 500W+ power supply but I'm not able to confirm that right now. I did put the old graphics card in last night to troubleshoot and had the same problem :wtc:

4. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

:noes: :noes:

5. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

I'd try resetting BIOS at this point using the jumper on the motherboard (JP1 usually, or it's red) -- I've had similar problems where BIOS had turned off USB (either itself or by my mistake) and a reset would fix it.

6. Twinturbos101

Oops, should have mentioned that I cleared it last night ;)

I have a feeling it's a good time to shop for a new motherboard. I was using a cheapie hybrid (ASRock 775Dual-VSTA) so that I could stretch some old hardware (Mushkin 2x1GB DDR500 kit, Ati x800).

If I get a new mobo at least I'll be able to get a nice overclock out of my E6300 :bigthumb:.