MMA Anyone Ever get tired of all the crosstrainning?Thinking about going back to just BJJ

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Sylva, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Sylva

Sylva New Member

I started out doing BJJ several years ago and always loved it. I then got into MMA and started trainning that and Had some fights but I for some reason was never as passionate about MMA as I was just BJJ. I feel like I'm getting tired of all the mma trainning and may just go back to just trainning BJJ for the most part. It's not that I'm bad at any of the other aspects of MMA as I've progressed pretty well all areas, I just don't seem to care about anything else as much as I do grappling.

I guess I just feel beat up and have some kind of nagging injury most of the time since I've started all my MMA trainning and I never seemed to feel like that when doing BJJ.

Bit, I thought one time you had said you were doing the same and just went back to BJJ are you happy with your choice.

I'd rather excel at one discipline then be pretty good at most.

2. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I just decided to do this myself this week. I just posted about it in my training blog. I pretty much feel the same way. I do love Muay Thai, but I want to focus on my BJJ more and feel I could expand my horizons more in BJJ as a hobby than I could with Muay Thai.

3. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Thats pretty much how I feel too. Glad I'm not alone in this train of thought. For a while I thoguht I was just being a pussy. lol

4. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Sylva

Sylva New Member

:rofl: I'll take it you agree.

6. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

i am in the exact opposite situation right now.

7. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

I agree %110. Part of me wants to just keep doing cross training (also because I signed a contract so I'm kinda screwed anyways) and see how it goes and part of me just wants to stick with BJJ and just enjoy it without all the needless stress and BS.

8. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

I'm a strictly BJJ guy and have no intentions of branching out to MT or boxing agian. I tried boxing breifly and didn't really like it. BJJ is more of a hobby to me than anything else (not trying to be the next TUF superstar or win any black belt bjj tourneys). :hs:

9. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

im exact opposite, i prefer to do muy thai and boxing. I only train bjj, because i know its useful, but never really am passionate about it.

10. Sylva

Sylva New Member

I've been checking out the crossfit stuff ever since you posted up the link. How do you like doing those workouts, I'm trying to find a gym that can allow most of those but am having a little difficutly. I might just have to go to a standard gym and substitue some exercises here and there. I think that doing the crossfit workouts and BJJ would fit perfectly into my life right now.

11. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Kickboxing keeps you in shape way more than grappling, imo. Tons more cardio. Grappling is alot more fun though, I think.

12. Sylva

Sylva New Member

So they've definately help you improve you game it sounds like. Sounds like they are the type of workout that takes you from Good to best. Or I think you get the idea of what I'm saying. thats great man, thanks for the answers.

I do have one more question, where are you doing the crossfit workouts. Did you buy some equipment for home? Or are you just going to the standard gym and doing the workouts withing the limitations of the equipment you have there and possibly having to substitute some of the exercises?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  13. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

that way you can go to the bar and say youre a cage fighter :naughty:

:hsugh: