MIL Anyone ever done inaugaration before?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Pusan, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Pusan

Pusan New Member

I was told at my last drill that im going on temp orders for a few days to do the Inaugural parade and was wondering if anyone else has marched in it and would let me know what to expect?

2. Parris04

Parris04 New Member

It depends on what your orders are. I will be doing it this year and I did it for President Bush' last inauguration. Then we were doing counter sniper.....in a freaking cold as Black Hawk, which I never really understood.

I'm a pretty good shot, but even I don't think I could have gotten a shot off.

More than likely you are simply going to be on standby. If you are not a member of DC Guard (or Reserve) you won't have the jurisdiction to operate in DC. So you will be staged at one of 8 staging places in case anything goes wrong.

Bring movie, Xbox and a pillow. That is all the excitment you are going to get.

Parris

3. AltimaNX

AltimaNX New Member

I stood security at Bush's '04 inauguration. It snowed that day. Several Marines from my unit were there and we just stood around and looked good for the crowds.

4. Pusan

Pusan New Member

Im a DC reservist and they told us we would march but I dont know much about it.

5. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

enjoy it as much as you can