WEB Anyone ever deal with anything like this?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Eclipsed830, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Eclipsed830

Eclipsed830 Active Member

A member of your website has currently been using the forums as a means to sexually harrass a female client who has recently imployed this investigative service. The user xxxxxxxx (xxxxxxx) recently posted nude and sexually explicit photos of a female as a means of harrassment (he has since taken them down), which is a federal and state punishable sex crime. His actions may come up in an impending police investigation. As such, and due to the intensity of this nature, our client is requesting that the offender's (xxxxxx) ID and username be deleted from this website so that the offender can not use your racing forum as a means of sexual harassment again. The forum post which contained such photos is pasted here : http://www.clevelandracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12544 . As you can see, although the pictures have been deleted, there is still evidence that they were there. In addition, we may require your websites assistance in any impending legal matters. thank you very much for your time and cooperation.

Not really worried about it. They can't even spell harassment right. :rofl: But has anyone ever had a problem like this? Basicly a kid posted naked pics of his ex, someone ratted him out, and then I got this email.

2. Browning

Browning Active Member

you own cleveland racing? :eek3: I've been on there a few times:o

3. Eclipsed830

ya lol :mamoru::o

4. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

stupid whore shouldnt of taken the pics in the first place :o

5. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

i would say that you're willing to cooperate but everything that is posted on the forums is as is and you are not responsible. Both members agreed to this when signing up. I dont even think its necessary for them to drag you into this and start digging through shit for them.

He just wants to collect whatever evidence he can for a possible civil lawsuit most likely.

Im just talking out my ass though :o

6. Eclipsed830

Well I'm not going to give this guy shit unless I have to. I responded with:

The material in question has since been removed. We can not delete users from our database, the best we can do is a "permaban" which permanently bans the user from our site. As far as I am concerned the content was deleted, their is no reason to permaban the user at this point, we will however keep a close eye on him. Also, if content is deemed inappropriate, aggressive, abusive, or illegal any member can report individual posts or threads by clicking the Report Post button, this sends a SMS to all of our moderators and the content is taken care of.

7. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

how'd u set it up so your mods get an SMS?

8. Eclipsed830

9. Tony Stark

Tony Stark John McCain has an illegitimate mexican baby

just reply saying you are more than willing to cooperate, but that you'll need a court order to do so.

Chances are it's just the girl in the photos trying to scam you into punishing the ex-boyfriend. A lawyer would know how t spell employed right.

10. Phasm

Phasm OT Supporter

was the email it came from like a gmail or some free email website?

11. Phasm

Phasm OT Supporter

this is what i was getting at

12. Eclipsed830

Yeah, thats why I'm not taking it to serious. Just wondering if I am indeed responsible for my members actions though.

13. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

I wouldn't let spelling mistakes make you write it completely off. I had one guy that sent me a PM saying he was from my competitor and was going to sue me. I made fun of him saying hes bullshitting and any professional would have sent me an e-mail.

He then sent an e-mail :hsugh:

(no he didn't sue me because he had no reason to other then his members liking my site better)

14. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

No court order no care