COMIC anyone ever CGC anything?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Jesterkiller, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Jesterkiller

Jesterkiller ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?

i asked and my LCS a hour away doesnt have any CGC service. so im stuck sending them out from home. anyone done this before? i got maybe 5 issues total id like to get graded. what would be the best option? i looked on the CGC site but i got confused by the max value column :o

2. DoctorDoom

DoctorDoom Doom always keeps his word. OT Supporter

I've only submitted some at conventions, but never by mail. I believe the max value column is what you believe the fair market value is of that comic. It's used to calculate the tier you'll be charged for grading (if it's worth more, it costs more to grade) and how much you'll be insured for return shipping. Are you filling out the pdf form, or the online submission form?

3. void

void oh yeah?

I thought about CGCing my Micheal Turner Civil War variants, but I haven't reconsidered it since. The last time I checked it was about $15 to get a single book graded with a 30+ day turnaround.

4. Faygo

Faygo Got any room in your pocket for a little spare Cha

The max value only really applies to older books. Pretty much all modern comics are graded at a flat rate depending on how fast the turnaround time you want. Assuming you have moderns, it would either be $17 for modern or $25 for modern fast track, plus return shipping and insurance.

5. Jesterkiller

Jesterkiller ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?

i was prolly gonna do the online submission form. i got a bunch of modern issues id like to get graded and a Journey Into Mystery 83 golden record reprint to get graded

6. DoctorDoom

DoctorDoom Doom always keeps his word. OT Supporter

That's cool. You might have to do two separate submission forms, since the tiers are also separated by year of publication. One for moderns and one for the reprint (and thus also have to pay for shipping twice).