SRS Anyone ever battled addiction to sleeping pills?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Paulie Walnuts, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

I have been taking sleeping medications now since 2002 ranging from over the counter to Ambien. Right now I am taking one Ambien and at least 2 to 4 over the counter sleep aids just to fall a sleep. I now know that I am addicted to them and I do not know how to get off of them. It is at the point where its getting scary on how many I have to take to fall a sleep. I am not working now so I know that is part of the problem. I sometimes mix the sleeping pills with about .50mg of Xanax which is also scary. Any ideas on how I can help myself get off of these? I have little to no money and no insurance so I really cannot go to the Dr.

Thanks.

2. Aradia

Aradia New Member

Pills are pills, even sleeping pills. They are habit forming. Maybe you should try a few AA/NA meetings, the best thing to do is to get around a large majority of people who have various experience with drugs, the more people the more likely you'll find someone who can answer that question for you.

TRY BOTH NA and AA if you got the time. You can find em in the phone book.
    You may learn a few really neat things from sitting in a meeting or two also (lots of people benefiet from them):wiggle:

3. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

www.na.org

you can always have this current mess you are in back anytime