SRS Anyone else's SO go away for school? :wtc:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MikeTheVike1, Aug 31, 2005.

1. MikeTheVike1

MikeTheVike1 OT Supporter

I met this girl early/mid summer. We hit it off quickly, and I found myself VERY comfortable around her. I'm very picky and I would rather masturbate and be single then date and fuck a girl who had a personality I didn't like. I love everything about this girl. Well, she left a week and a half ago.

Seems like she has been gone forever. We talk at least twice a day. Because of previous g/f's, I don't have much trust in women. Its hard when she calls me from a party or something, even though she hasn't given me any reason to be worried. I think its hard on her as well, when I go out with female friends. She still has 3 years of school left and I'm about to graduate.

She's coming home this weekend, and I can't fucking wait. But after that, there is a large gap until the next holiday. I'll try and visit her since it is only about 3hrs away, but this is already becoming a busy semester for me.

Not really any point to this thread, just ranting about meeting someone I like a lot, and not being able to see them. :wtc:

2. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

I feel your pain :hs:

3. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

i think the fact that she takes the time out of a party to call you is 2404976998763456984576038567035984576 points in your favor....

if im at a party its hard to get me to even call more people to come because im so trashed

sounds like you got a good catch, i dated a girl that lived about 100 miles away for about 2 years, and somehow i knew she was lieing to me a lot, but somehow she would always convince me she wasnt, then when she dumped me it was because she was tired of lieing to me.. but she was never the type to call if it was inconvienent for her AT ALL.

dont worry until your given a reason to worry, until then sounds like a nice girl

4. CooperR6

CooperR6 New Member

ive been with my girl for 11 months and shes leaving for boston on sunday. im in illinois. i feel like shit and it just hit me tonight.

5. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

you know, it's really not so bad. It's a serious adjustment, and a long distance relationship takes alot of work, but if you two can make it work, you'll both be so much better for it in the end. my SO and i have been together for over two years and up until just receintly, we were 411 miles from each other. and for the past year we only saw each other about every 3 months. (we were finishing school- i'm in neuropsych and he's in engineering = no extra time for ANYTHING)
    For 2 years.
    and it sucked alot sometimes, BUT-
    (when you're always talking on the phone, you better learn how to convey EXACTLY what you mean, and because of that..) we have great communication. we know how to fight, and we don't fight dirty. we truly enjoy the time we have together. our relationship is based on nothing but our friendship and love for each other. it's not phisical. it's not out of boredom or habit. plus we both have a great sense of who we are individually. it's not "you complete me" or "two halves making a whole" it's two whole people coming together to make something great.

now of course we fight. we have our problems just like everyone else, but because we've had to focus our 'relationship priorities' in different ways than most- it's really given us an edge.

hang in there! :)

here are some tips that helped us:
    get phones that have the same carrier so your calls are free. call each other every night before bed. say 'I love you' even when you're fighting or mad. don't go to bed angry- hash it out all night if you have to, or just agree disagree, but end it on a positive note. say what you mean. don't call names. fight fair. say you're sorry and mean it. your job is to learn as much as you can about the other person, and not just what their favorite color and food is, but what will take to make them laugh regardless of the situation, when to back off and when to hold their hand even when they say they don't want to be touched.

you'll be fine as long as you respect each other. and don't forget to show your SO how much they mean to you. love them the way they want to be loved.

CooperR6- send her some flowers (or something else that will make her feel special). she feels just as bad as you do. and when she get those flowers and she calls you and you can hear in her voice that she knows how much you mean to her, you'll feel alot better too.

hang in there boys- it's worth it.