anyone else with this problem (virus/spyware)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by domestictuner, Mar 30, 2005.

1. domestictuner

domestictuner Watch your mouth, before I shove these gators up y

i was browsing yesterday and spybot brought up a new entry for scrtkfg.exe. I noticed that all of my programs nero, winamp, wmp, wordpad, word wont open a file thrpugh the program, I can open it in exporer which launches the program but i can not open the file within the program. Like i said it is no just one type of file but a range of types. And to further my hatred for spyware hijackers, I didnot notice the scrtkfg.exe program open in task manager and it ran for about 10 minutes only to bombard my comp with all sorts of new searchbars and other stupid shit for IE. I searched google for scrtkfg.exe and came up with nothing. Spybot also says it is in /windows/system32 but as manytimes i have looked i still cannot find it. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

XP pro, with firefox

2. col_panic

col_panic calm like a bomb Moderator

3. domestictuner

domestictuner Watch your mouth, before I shove these gators up y

4. col_panic

search the page i posted

5. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

Just because that page you listed with a HijackThis log list it as a "System CSRSS Patch" doesn't mean it really is.

It's more than likely spyware and the exe's name is randomly generated. I've seen this many times before. I would suggest going to the C:\Windows\System32\ folder and finding that file and I'll be willing to bet there are other other files next to it with filename like it but with different file extensions.

Let Spybot and Ad-Aware scan and clear them all out. It hopfully fix whatever is wrong with programs you mentioned before that aren't running

Go ahead and get HijackThis and post its log and someone can help you spot other possible problems so you can get them cleared out as well

6. col_panic

:repost: