SRS Anyone else taking welbutrin??

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Paulie Walnuts, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

My Dr put it on me to supplement my celexa because I was having some small panic attacks. Im thinking I should get off it though because she said that it would lighten me up where I would not care as much about the things that stress me out. But I have noticed that now I do not give a shit about work and I am getting behind. Anyone else have this problem?
    Thoughts?

2. Jake!

Jake! Guest

thats why i'm on anti-depressants... depression!

i've been on 11ty million different ones, currently on effexor; none have helped :hsd:

I have another app on the 11th. i guess i'll try something else

anyway, you might want to talk to your doc

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I was on Wellbutrin for a long time and it really helped me. I didn't notice that about work though, are you sure the Wellbutrin is working and your depression just isn't getting worse?

4. EmiB

EmiB New Member

Yeah I actually talked to friend of a family that is a pharmacist.. in short he said that "Wellbutrin fuckes you up" Supposedly its a "hardcore" anti-depressant... In majority of population it takes care of the depression, but brings on a lot of other shit to the table. Now I never used it so take it for what its worth... But if I was in your shoes I would do research on it... and if you decide to get off of it, go to another doctor tell em your problems and perhaps he can suggest something else... and if you decide to quit it do it gradually... best of luck

5. Jake!

Jake! Guest

hardcore???

400mg a day (plus 50mg prozac) it didn't do shit for me

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I was at 450 mg a day plus 10 mg buspirone (or busiprone I can never remember)

7. Paulie Walnuts

Get the fuck off effexor, that drug fucking sucks. Dont ever miss a dose or you are going to feel like fucking shit!!

8. EmiB

EmiB New Member

Jesus walked on water doesnt mean everyone can

9. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

I'm on 150mg Effexor and 150mg Wellbutrin. Works great for me. Also, the Effexor fixed my Irritable Bowel Syndrome which was a great side effect for me.

10. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

I've been using Welbutrin for about....3-4 months, I actually don't think I am up to the full dose I need yet (I am on 300 a day currently), but, SO FAR, it has been better for me than effexor, serzone, zoloft, and prozac. Probably because it affects different chemicals than those other meds.
    The best thing about it for me in contrast to the others is that I am much more frequently multi-orgasmic now. (as opposed to barely being able to have one O when I was on Prozac. lol)
    I am still being cautious about the negative side affects that might still happen, though.
    I think I may get a little bit of that "apathy" affect now and then lately, but at the moment, I kinda think that's an okay thing for me, in certain areas of my life.

11. Paulie Walnuts

Back from the dead. I got off the med now I think that I am going to get back on it, the Welbutrin that is. Anyone else have RECENT experience?

12. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

I am on Celexa and used to be on Wellbutrin. I went on Wellbutrin when I was on Zoloft. Zoloft was working well for me but was making me tired. My Doc said that Wellbutrin would give me enough of a kick to counteract the tiredness.

I think he was right.

I a trying to get off both medications. I have succesfully been weaned off Welbutrin. Now I am working on the Celexa.
    Of course, that has NOTHING to do with its effectiveness. I have just reached some personal goals of mine - goals I could not have reached any other way - and now I want to give life without these drugs a shot.