SRS Anyone else take Celexa ??

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by EYOB, Mar 12, 2009.

1. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I just got it. Prescribed for Anti-Depression/Anti-Anxiety from my Primary Care Physician. It sucks that I won't see any significant change until a month from now.

I have an appointment with a psychiatrist next week and I will see what they say. My psychologist told me it looks like I have social anxiety, mild depression, and a slight case of ADD. I told my PCP this and he gave me the perscription. I'd like to get some ADD meds from the psychiatrist. I've tried Vyvanse from a previous psychiatrist, but I only felt the side effects.

2. Lindsay Loo

Lindsay Loo ミ★ Mikel's POZ Partner ミ★

ive taken it and you could start to notice effects sooner than one month. it all depends on how your body responds to the drug.

3. tsi90

tsi90 _____

I took it for about two months. I didnt like it at all. It seemed to help for the depression but the sexual side effects totally sucked. That and I would get angry at people a lot.

4. Daria

Daria New Member

I noticed strong unmistakeable results after the first day. My boyfriend noticed results a month in, but they were very subtle, but also did the trick.

We both take it for anxiety, but I take it in combination with Wellbutrin for depression.

I have been on other anti-depressants and this is the only one that feels completely natural and doesn't make me feel "strange". I feel in-control of my thoughts and emotions like I feel I should have my whole life.

Some people have absolutely no results with Celexa and have to move onto something else. I have never heard of anyone having bad reactions or panic attacks with Celexa, just fatigue or no changes.

This part SUCKS. My boyfriend and I both have problems with that, but we have learned to work around it. Honestly, my priorities in life are to be able to handle life and a slightly less exciting sex life is really a non-issue in comparison with that.

5. EYOB

EYOB Guest

You guys take it at night or in the morning? I don't have a sex life, so sex isn't an issue right now. I'm gonna take one now....

6. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I just took 1 tablet with a Mr. Pibb soda. My first time taking it.

I wonder if I could just toss back a bunch of em. Overdose?

7. EYOB

EYOB Guest

So, I got some concerta as well. Trial 18 mg, 42 of em.

8. Scootin

Scootin OT Supporter

The Celexa wasn't working after one day.

9. Scootin

Scootin OT Supporter

You won't die, but you'll feel like shit.

Google serotonin syndrome.

10. EYOB

EYOB Guest

11. illectronic

illectronic I'm Coming Home OT Supporter

I was originally diagnosed with Social Anxiety disorder by a Psychiatrist. I was given Paxil, which made me sleep all the time. I switched to Celexa and I wasn't as drowsy, but I was still depressed. Turned out I was misdiagnosed and I was really bipolar. Just wanted to share that in case it helps.

12. Scootin

Scootin OT Supporter

That happens a lot unfortunately, and there's not much that can be done about it. :hs:

It gets really dangerous when someone with Bipolar gets an SSRI :hsd:

13. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

It's dangerous when someone with ADD/ADHD gets an SSRI as well too. I was misdiagnosed for years and given Paxil first, then Zoloft. I tried to kill myself (literally)m on both. Then I was given Depakote which turned me into a zombie.

I was first diagnosed clinically depressed, then bipolar II.

After six months of intense clinical testing, I finally have an answer... I;m high functioning autistic with ADHD. I'm finally getting the help I need.

14. wtu311

wtu311 Active Member

I just got prescibed this as well for anxiety but im :noes: to try it

15. FairyTat

FairyTat Anticipation, the taste of things to cum

I've been taking it for about 2 months. It took about 2 weeks for me to really notice any improvement. I take this in combination with Imipramine for anxiety/sleep problems and it's working really well. I have noticed a noticeable difference in my sex drive but since I'm single at the moment that may be a good thing.

16. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I'm liking the meds very much. Not sure if it's a placebo effect, but I am much more social now.

17. great to hear that.

18. Daria

Daria New Member

I take mine in the morning. If that's not convenient for you, then talk to your doctor to see if he/she recommends that you can take it at night. Taking it at the same time every day is very important.

Don't take a bunch. It will hinder the treatment. The key with Celexa is balance. You want to achieve a balanced, happy mood. Plus, if you take too much, you'll probably feel worse.

That's what everyone tells me, but that day, I was smiling for no reason and I was feeling emotions of happiness that I had never felt before in my life.

I took Paxil for a few months in 1996 and it was giving me pyschotic breaks.

19. Scootin

Scootin OT Supporter

Sure, it happens quite a bit. People are usually very excited when they start a new program. I know I was.

Fact of the matter is, however, that the drug does not begin working for several weeks after you begin taking it regularly. It's physiologically impossible for it to start working any sooner, except maybe in combination with buspirone.

20. Daria

Daria New Member

I wasn't excited for this medication. I was actually scared and hesitant. I was one of those people that would rather have exhausted any other method before taking medication.

I have taken other drugs before and it's usually the same for me. After taking the drug, I have an adrenaline rush and the high hits me full force.

It was the same feeling with the Celexa. I took the medication at 5AM when I woke up, then went to work. At around 7/7:30 or so, I was carrying out my regular work tasks and then BAM something felt different. I started smiling uncontrollably and it was very strange.

The day after that, I didn't feel anything strange. I just felt "normal".

21. Scootin

Scootin OT Supporter

:dunno:

More power to you, I guess. You just don't see antidepressant effects in 2 hours. You may feel a little rush from the initial blockade of the SERT but apart from that you really have to wait for a couple specific neurophysiological mechanisms to kick in before you see amelioration of the depression.

If it made you feel good, then awesome. :)

22. Daria

Daria New Member

this is probably what happened