Anyone else see this product line at Pep Boys?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Scottwax, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

http://www.long-haul.com/

I picked up a bottle of the QD (aka Truck Gloss) at Pep Boys for shits and giggles today, for $5 you really can't go wrong. Anyway this stuff seems to be exactly the same as Race Glaze's Gloss Highlighter, right down to the scent and color. Works pretty good too. I bought it to try in place of Meguiars Quick Detailer, which I add an ounce or so of to my QEW mix in the winter to help deal with the extra grime. Works very nicely in that regard as well.

Pretty nice find it seems. Dirt cheap too. I may go back and get some of the other products and see how they are.

2. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

No, no I have not.

Scotter, have you ever tried to make sorta a psuedo spray and wipe with QEW in a squirt bottle? Not for heavily soiled vehicles, just as a QD for somewhat dusty ones?

3. Scottwax

I've thought about it but you can get decent QDs pretty cheap. Meguiars Quick Detailer is often on sale and now this Long Haul stuff is dirt cheap and works great. I also have a nearly full gallon of Quikshine, plus a sample of the Race Glaze QD (which seems to be the same product as Truck Gloss only more expensive) and some Zaino Z6 (good but the scent is too sweet!).

4. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Oye ve, I notice this but I'm cheap if you haven't noticed.

What's your favorite QD? Quickshine?

5. Scottwax

Here is the Jaguar I used TG on after a QEW wash (this is 7 weeks after 80/16). Quikshine is still my favorite, but this stuff is pretty good too. I really like the Race Glaze QD and this seems to be the exact same product for a lot less.

[​IMG]