SRS Anyone else quit smoking weed?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jay487, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Jay487

Jay487 What's Life If You Ain't Enjoyin' It?

Today marks one month of me being clean from weed. I quit for a lot of reasons, mainly because I was doing it every single day and it wasn't fun, waste of money, etc.

I've saved a lot of money without smoking, (just bought a laptop with the money I saved) and theres no physical urge to smoke, but I still want to once in awhile. I'm afraid by just smoking once that I may start smoking again.

I finally just got my sleeping pattern back on track naturally. (couldnt sleep for shit when i first quit!)

I can remember my first couple of times smoking, saying to myself "I will NEVER smoke every day, blah blah"

a year and a half later, and after watching "Intervention" enough times, it was apparant that although I dont consider weed a hard drug, it has become a problem.

Have any of you successfully quit and only do it once in awhile now?

2. BlinginAssRims

BlinginAssRims Now I'm blaumped out

once in awhile becomes everyday for most people.

3. TonyMontana

TonyMontana Black and Gold

Yeah.

My friends and me used to just buy half ounces every night because most of us work alot and have the money to blow. We would just sit (on weeknights mostly) and smoke a big bag and just chill or whatever.

After about a year of doing that I decided to quit because it was getting boring, I found also that I had built up a very strong tolerance (now the only thing that can actually get me stoned is very good hash/weed baking like cookies etc.) and also the weed was lowering my self esteem and making me uncomfortable when I was stoned.

I stopped competely for about 2 months. Now I will take puff on a joint a little if im drunk or at a party and whatnot.

4. SoFlaJDM

SoFlaJDM Guest

i went from spending 250-300 bucks a month on it to about less than 25 bucks a month :hsd:

5. Jay487

Jay487 What's Life If You Ain't Enjoyin' It?

:werd: me too, yet another reason why i quit

6. cam0man

cam0man New Member

I think that happens to everyone after they do it enough. I just made a mega huge post on another forum I frequent about this because I quit earlier last week. Yea, I know it doesn't sound like a long time, but deep down I know this is it. I think I smoked everday for over a year and a couple times a week for sometime before that. Like you said, it just got to the point where it was expensive and just not doing anything for me. It was so fun when I started, now it was just a chore.

I was pretty much paranoid 24/7, even when I wasn't high and I started getting crazy anxiety attacks. Really sucked. I picked up a nice 1/4 for spring break last week, when I really had no plans aside from just chill at home with my bro. I ended up only smoking a gram or two of it and it just wasn't doing anything for me. I felt like a loser and felt like there were a lot better things I could do with my time. I was working on a really hard project last week that was keeping me up late, I'd close to a 'eureka' moment each night and would just go to sleep excited to work on it in the morning...then I realized that I was getting a lot done when I wasn't high. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a lazy guy when I was high and I did awesome at school, but everything just started getting foggy.

A couple days after taking a break I could already feel things clearing up. I remember rolling that last joint, I went outside and smoked it, totally content and was just like 'yea, this is the last one for awhile....I really don't feel like doing this much more'. I gave away some of the weed I had left and went out and bought an xbox 360, so now when I'd normally blaze, I frag some n00bs online and it's a blast.

I used to blaze for my migraines because it'd get rid of the pain and naseua, tonight was actually my first night with a migraine and I didn't smoke weed. Really sucked, but after the freakouts I've been having lately, I'll stick w/ doc prescribed meds over weed. Pot really kinda takes a toll on you after awhile and until you quit you don't really get it. I can't believe the clarity I have now, even after a week I'm more social and getting along w/ my none pot smoking friends better. I don't regret blazin though, it was a blast and I loved it. But it's time to take a long break and get myself on track, I don't want to end up in a rut. I don't think weed really lets you progress, just keeps you content with what you have...which can be kinda dangerous. As long as you can find some new hobbies, I don't think quitting weed is challenging at all and it's really worthwhile when the time comes....just wait for the time and you'll know when to quit.

/end rant...

7. Fuzion

Fuzion heaven and hell

yep. same with me. it started getting me very anxious/paranoid while on it. maybe coupled with a few bad experiences w/ weed + other drugs.

one of the main reasons i quit. didn't have the same effect that I used to love and went that went, so did smoking weed everyday.

8. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I just quit weed. Friday was my last day.

I quit for the reasons you outlined.

I just can't do it recreationally. Its all or nothing with me.

One of my best friends quit drinking about 3 months ago, but he has still been smoking. We are having a sober month together, so I can't even drink right now.

I've never had a problem with alcohol, but I've been drinking way too much lately so a month off will be cool.

But no more pot for the forseeable future. I miss it quite a bit, but I know its for the best.

9. Hippy

Hippy New Member

i quit for a while. knwo i smoke in little bursts. ill uy a dub and smoke it over 2-3 days then take a week or so off.

10. garbagemanlb

garbagemanlb OT Supporter

I also quit weed, for various reasons.

Health, school, and getting clean for a job are the primary reasons.

I also just don't like how often I was doing it...someone I know compared smoking in the morning to popping open a can of beer immediately after waking up. As funny as that sounds, it kind of put things in perspective for me, and it was clear to me that I was abusing a drug.

I can't say that I will never smoke again, but I have and will continue to distance myself from a group of friends who, while I have fun with, have their lives completely revolving around smoking weed 24/7.

I just don't see a future in that...at least, an enjoyable one.

11. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

I smoked pot everyday for 2 year straight and just straight up quit one day. Never even really thought about it after that.

12. Grass

Grass New Member

i quit for awhile, got my shit in order, decided it wouldn't hurt to smoke every once and awhile, and then before you know it i was smoking every day again.

stopping again :hs:

13. GoDz

GoDz I are a Zionist OT Supporter

I've been smoking every day for a couple months, took a week off for school shit and you're right about saving money, yikes lol.

14. MrFaldyn

MrFaldyn MrFaldyn

i'm just getting started

15. Dr3w321

Dr3w321 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely

one week clean :) Longest I have gone in 3 years, and I feel spectacular.

16. stevo92

stevo92 Active Member

i just do it like once a month so i dont have a huge problem with it(only done it twice) and im not the one who buys it and im not gona buy it so i have no urges to do it at all..but i give all you guys props for quiting..plus i got sports to play and i dont want that shit showing up in my piss lol

17. accordfreak93

accordfreak93 Go Preds!

ive quit in the past a couple times but i will never quit for good. quitting weed is all about willpower and control of your urges. pretty much takes completely separating yourself from it and any friends that smoke for a good while. that and start a new hobby to take your mind off it. that or it could backfire when you realize that hobby would be much more fun while high :mamoru:

18. Damn Dutchman

Damn Dutchman New Member

quitted weed and smoking cold turkey, easiest way to do, since you dont make it harder on yourself with excuses and lies taking more nicotine/stoning to say you are 'quitting'

The only quitting is to quit, not to go on till you ...descide to keep on smoking.
    :p

So yea ive quitted weed.

19. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Weed makes me satisfied with mediocrity, and once I start I just can't stop. I smoke maybe one weekend a month now, and its all weekend. It seems fun at the time, but on monday I feel like I wasted another weekend. I need to quit for good too.

20. MrFaldyn

MrFaldyn MrFaldyn

I just quit 5 minutes ago.

will provide data.

21. RollinDollos

RollinDollos Guest

Ive been blazing about once every 2 weeks for like a year now. I guess i just have the will power to put off till the weekends.

22. shuki

shuki New Member

same shit here, but i believe that i can control myself to smoke like 1 time per week or less... but at the moment i'm smoking way too much, so i'll stop for some weeks (i hope so)

23. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

I hope all you guys lay off the hard stuff if you have such a difficult time quitting pot. Imagine if you were on real drugs.

24. poweraid

poweraid OT Supporter

I've smoked for 4 years and I've quit about 5-6 times for over 2 months, I am quitting again because my GF doesn't like the way it makes me when I'm stoned. I have a 500$ hurricane sitting in my closet now and it makes me sad... but I spent abou 25$ on pot a week so I defintely have more money to spend on my GF now and yeah idk I am only 3 weeks clean now and I still want it sometimes... especially when I'm drunk. Once I hit the 1 month point I'm usually better about this...

pot is still fun tho and I will always love it.

25. TankedOutSuicide

TankedOutSuicide These aren't the DJs were looking for...

I'm one of those lucky people who can stop taking a type of drug or addiction almost instantly. I use to smoke alot on the weekdays but now I only really smoke on the weekends if I'm at a friends or a party. I'm smart enough to know if I have the money to spend on it or not. Also if I'm saving for something I want, I'll dead stop drinking and smoking. I use my mental abilities to think of other things to do than drugs and it works perfectly for me.