SRS Anyone else lose attraction once the challenge is over?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SpicyMcVoodoo, Nov 4, 2005.

1. SpicyMcVoodoo

SpicyMcVoodoo New Member

When I was really young, I can remember the dating game. It went persue, catch, great happy...then from that point, assuming we were compatible, things just got better and better until then went shitty and we broke up.

These days it's like, persue, catch, great happy...wait, I'm not really that into you anymore. :hs:

Why?

2. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

I think it's because you're programmed to look for different things as you get older. When you're younger, the urge is just to procreate and have fun. Now, you're considering (even subconciously) these women as potential life partners, and seeing that they're not really what you're looking for.

Or I might be totally off.

3. Holiday

Holiday Switching to Runlevel 0

because dogs chase cats, when the chase is over there is no more interest...the chase was the fun part.

4. SpicyMcVoodoo

SpicyMcVoodoo New Member

I think you're onto something, because my losing interest always takes the form of realizing negative things about them that I didn't notice or care about at first.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think you need to convert that 'fun' part to 'love' if you want something sustainable, or you need to find something interesting to do during this life you lead.

6. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

I found that's what it was for me.

7. SpicyMcVoodoo

SpicyMcVoodoo New Member

what is love?:hsugh:

8. Rev. Po-Jay

Rev. Po-Jay I like Stuff...

Unless you want to be on the Catch and Release program for the rest of your life, you better get to the heart of what the issue is? My assumption, based on what you said, thus far is that you were abandoned at a young age. I don't mean like left on a street corner. I mean that you probably had to deal with some type of loss (i.e. death of a parent / rough split of parents / best friend moved away) early in life and you fear true commitment. What you need to do is understand that without true risk, there can be no true reward. You have to be vulnerable to truly love. Do some introspective analysis and figure it out. You can handle more than you think.

9. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Yes!

All the fucking time! :mad:

10. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

You're always going to lose interest no matter what. I compare it to getting a package or present. The fun part is actually getting it and opening it up. What's inside only satisfies you for a few minutes and then it's like it means nothing to you.

Having renewable interest in a mate is mostly to do with you. It's your own job to make things interesting and fresh. If you get bored it's because you're a boring person.

But you know, it really is HARD to maintain those feelings. They come and go. Don't just change what you do but change a bit of who you are as well. Learn to grow and adapt.

11. SolShinobi

SolShinobi New Member

I think that if you've been through some rough relationships, you subconsciously avoid going deeper due to potential pain.

Maybe that's just me. :hsughno: