MMA Anyone else hoping for a draw..

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Ghost of Swayze, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Ghost of Swayze

Ghost of Swayze Ofcourse you mad

or a double KO :noes:

...I mean Wandy and Franklin are both in desperate need for big wins and they are two of classiest guys MMA has. Im gonna hate to see anyone of the two lose. I just hope its a real close nailbiter or something like that

2. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

:werd:

if they were both back at their peaks I wouldnt care, but they both kind of need wins right now.

3. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

I never liked Franklin really, ever since he was a coach on tuf i think. I dont remember exactly what he said/did on that show now but i just remember him coming off as a little bitch.

He's also not epecially talented or anything, most of his success is just a due to him training hard and becoming well rounded in MMA back in the days of MMA where everyone was 1 dimensional.

I really hope Wandy puts on a good show and wins decisevely. I'm really scared he's gonna end up like Chuck, and if he gets knocked out by rich franklin im gonna cry.

4. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

it was the forefeit stradegy when they had the "Scarecrow" exercise. Where he let the Hughes team fully exhaust themselves and then he decided to let them win and not put his team through the punishment so they would be fresh for the fight.

5. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

naw it wasn't even that, that was kind of a bitch move but it was smart. He did some shit to sabotage his guys or something, because he thought he might have to fight them later.

oh yeah, one thing was he refused to roll with travis lutter because he thought he would have to fight him and so he didn't want to help him and didnt want lutter to get any information on him. Lutter would ask him really politely if he wanted to roll and he would just give the most bs excuses why he didnt couldn't roll with him. "naw todays not good, we can do it some other time" and then lutter would ask again a couple weeks later and he would have some other bs excuse. I think he also took notes of people he thought would win and might later fight. If you watch the season they show him doin some really bitchmade shit.

6. El Rudo

El Rudo The Borinqueneers

Yeah, I could care less about Franklin, he never did anything for me and his shorts are pink :ugh:. I hope Silva knocks that fuckers head into Joe Rogan's lap.

7. darkjedi

darkjedi Muay Thai expert

Franklin was a big fish in small pond.

8. .Tim

.Tim New Member

Yeah this is one of those matches where I don't want either fighter to lose.

9. Hibidi-Shibidi

Hibidi-Shibidi New Member

I thought this was kind of the concept. If someone is more dedicated and works harder, he reaps the rewards.

10. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

Well nowadays everyone trains hard. Back then MMA wasn't quite as popular (and not paying as well) so people weren't willing to quit their jobs and dedicate themselves to fighting like they do now.

11. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

You are an idiot. Franklin is one of the top middleweights and for a reason. He is very talented and his losses only come to Machida, Silva, and Hendo (a decision most people dont agree with). And if you think he is just good against 1 dimensional guys, why would you think Wandy has a chance?

12. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

fucking pwned

not to mention the thread has NOTHING to do with his abilities or record, more so the likability that both him and Wanderlei posses.

13. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

OK my bad, so he's only lost to every really good fighter he's ever fought, true. Seriously, who's the best guy he's ever beaten? Evan tanner? Yushin Okami?
    I never said wandy was gonna beat him, i just hope he does because he's a lot more entertaining and likeable imo.

14. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I remember when Franklin first became champion and then beat the crap out of Louiseau he said he was disappointed that he went to decision because he never had before, it doesn't even seem like he gives a shit anymore and he's basically conceded to just winning

Not saying that is necessarily a bad thing for Rich, he needs to win - but things have really changed, he was considered a marvel of MMA before

15. Sammo

Sammo New Member

and yes, Rich is probably the number two MW

his run at LHW should be fun to watch either way

16. teep

teep New Member

Those guys were/are great fighters. He can beat everyone in the division except Anderson Silva. What else do you want from him?

17. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I want to see Franklin vs. Kang next.

edit: damn, forgot he's moving up to 205. with the growth in the 185 division i dont see why he needs to go. Him vs Nate, Kang, that retard from bayou country that beat Kang, etc. Lots of good fights and lots more gatekeepers besides just him.

18. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

That's not saying much, although now there are a good number of guys at MW that i'd like to see him fight.

and I never said Franklin sucked or anything, i just think he's a little overated and I don't think he'll make it very far at LHW.

19. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

A draw in a catch-weight fight would be the ultimate :meh: result. Like, why even bother showing up? :rofl:

20. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

That had to be said. Franklin is a talented individual and I don't care if you don't like him, but you can't over look that.

21. Helios

Helios New Member

Why would a draw at a catch-weight be any worse than a draw at an actual weight class? :dunno:

I don't understand the hate for catch-weight fights at all.

22. kroneX

kroneX New Member

You do realize its a TV show, and its not actually how people are in real life. editors can make anyone seem like an idiot if they want to.