SRS Anyone else have a pain killer habbit?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Suzuki_Rocket, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Suzuki_Rocket

Suzuki_Rocket New Member

So, is there any other OT'ers out there that having problems with narcotic pain killers? It would be amazing if any of you could help with the gloomy prospect of withdrawal. I've been prescribed between 120-180 Percocets (10/325mg ) and 60-90 Ocycontins (20mg) for about 3 and a half years now. Every time I have to stop or run out of pills early, I go through hell - no sleep, racing mind, restless body parts. I'm getting sick of this cycle. I usually take 90% of my monthly pills in the first three weeks of the month, leaving the last week of the month for nasty withdrawal. I think it's getting worse, too. I've been going through my most recent bottles faster than ever before.

Any advice is appreciated.

2. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

my friend, you just described the mindset, reasoning for beginning and continuing, of Narcotics Anonymous.

From the first thing we read every meeting:

Who is an addict?

Most of us do not have to think twice about this question. We know! Our whole life and thinking was centered in drugs in one form or another—the getting and using and finding ways and means to get more. We lived to use and used to live. Very simply, an addict is a man or woman whose life is controlled by drugs. We are people in the grip of a continuing and progressive illness whose ends are always the same: jails, institutions, and death.

3. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I just recently decided I needed to stop with all the opiates. Shits rough, I'm having a hard time with it but I think I will survive.

4. GooeyGus

GooeyGus I has Laz0rz.

NA will be your best friend. Get to an inpatient facility if at all possible. But you also have be completely honest and ask yourself if you're ready for it to all end. Some people truly just aren't ready yet and some people are. Addiction has a higher death rate than cancer (c/o Dr. Drew -- loveline) and should be dealt with in the same way. By that I mean doing anything in your power to get well again.

Some people say suboxone is not the way to go, but honestly the stuff saved my life. I'm 99% sure that if I never got on the suboxone program, I would be dead right now.

Research the options and see what might work best for your specific situation.

If you're detoxing and you need someone to talk to just PM me, i'm always around :bigthumb:

Good luck!

5. SirSpoolsAlot

SirSpoolsAlot New Member

Sounds like you need them though, Why are you prescribe to all that ?

6. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

suboxone works good to lessen withdrawls, if you really want to quit.