SRS anyone else get annoyed when your friends want to bring their bf/gf along all the tim

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Chau, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Chau

Chau if i wanted to kill you, i would've come in here s

i fucking hate when they do that... its ok if we're going out to a party/bar and its gonna be a big group, but if it's just you and your friend or maybe a couple other friends (no one else bringing their bf/gfs), and they ask if they can bring their bf/gf along too, it gets annoying - especially if you're not really friends or hang out w/ their bf/gf. its the worst when its just you and a friend and they bring their bf/gf along, so then it's 3 people and you just want to talk to your friend but have to try and include their bf/gf in the conversation :rant:

i ask my friends to hang out because i wanna hang out and talk with them, not w/ their bf/gf :madfawk: this happens a lot w/ a few of my friends, so annoying. they'll ask me "is it ok if my bf comes too?", and obviously i wanna say no but if do then it'll make me sound like an asshole :greddy:

2. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

I don't mind, it just means the GF or BF must not complain if they get bored if all we do is play video games, talk about world events, go to the gym, hit the range. have a lacrosse catch etc...

If you are a guy, hanging out with a friend and she wants to bring her BF, probably wants you to meet her BF, or she/him does not feel comfortable hanging out with you 1on1.

3. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

It doesn't worry me to be honest, as long as they are friendly and involved in the conversation/whatever.

I'm guessing you're single and maybe a bit touchy about it.

4. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Never bothered me either. Girlfriends have "friends." -- get in good with the girlfriend, and I'm set. Now I have a girlfriend, so my best friend sometimes gets us as a package deal. I won't always include her though, because we both need time apart.

5. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

If its supposed to be a guys night out then yes thats annoying, and the guy that can't be apart from his g/f ever is annoying you should have separate lives to some extent and do your own thing every now and then.

6. Dodger Blue

Dodger Blue OT Supporter

Yes and No. Sometimes it's good to just hang out with friends. Sometime's I like when my friends g/f hang out with us because it increases the chances of me maybe meeting one of her friends. It also allows me to maybe get to know them better and vice versa so that maybe they will remember me if they ever have a friend that asks if they have any single guy friends.

But I def feel for you. There are sometimes when you want to just hang out with your friend.

7. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

It usually pisses me off, but only because most of my friends' girlfriends totally suck. But for one particular couple I know I have no problem with it, since I got to be pretty good friends with the guy, and the girl is one of the rare few who I actually enjoy hanging out with more than most of my guy friends, even knowing that there's no chance of us hooking up. The majority of my friends have pretty lame BFs/GFs.

8. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

One of my friends used to bring his g/f to a lot of things. She and I seems to just not really get along well and there were times where we just argued like crazy. I actually do like her it just seems we both have strong and opposite views on things and we're not afraid to mix it up. It kind of drives my friend crazy so he quit bringing her. :)

So there's one solution, just argue with them.

9. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

agreed. i don't mind hanging out with my buddy and his girl. i'm friends with both of them and actually set them up. however, he's attached to her now. so when i want to just hang out with him, it's a package deal, which can be annoying.

i think it's moreso about how he is behaving now and her being the "cause" than it is actually spending time with both of them.

10. Daria

Daria New Member

if they think you're an asshole for saying no, that's their problem, not yours. if the person is a good friend, they would understand that sometimes you just want to hang out with them alone or with close friends

11. Hamburglar

Hamburglar OT Supporter

12. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

I get annoyed if its supposed to be guys night out and 1 friend out of 5 brings his gf or wife. Highly annoying.

13. 7960

7960 New Member

so why can't you just say "GUY NIGHT!" and tell him to leave her home?

14. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

I have believe me. One night we all decided (conveniently enough) to go to the strip club when he decided to bring along his wife. He didn't go that night, odd.

After a while we stopped asking him to come out and he eventually got the hint.

15. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

yes, highly annoying!

thankfully all my good girl friends agree, and we regularly schedule a "girls night." :)

of course on the flip side, we also have "group date nights," and everyone is free to bring their SO, husband...whatever. :)