SRS Anyone else feeling depressed these days? Lonely?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JakobwithaK, May 3, 2007.

1. JakobwithaK

JakobwithaK Titty fuck for the win!

Well i dont know what to say. But Im feeling really depressed tonight. and I just need to let it out somewhere. I live the life of a complete loner, no friends (havent had many my entire life, but the past 5 or 6 yrs Ive been suffering from major seperation). I feel like I am (and have been for many many years now) living two different lives. But deep down inside, Im always a sad person.:(

Ever had one of those days where you just cant focus on anything and it seems your mind keeps wandering to the past? Thats how I am right now, and have been feeling this way for the past week. Im feeling really really lonely right now, really parted from the real world and miss old times. I miss when I was working my 40hr/wk job, when I was spending 10-12hrs out of the house 5 days Mon-Fri. Even though my job sucked, just being out of the house and being around people, socializing, making money, talking to people, made me feel good inside because I knew I was doing something positive with my life.

Even though I didnt have any friends from work that I hung out with, just being around so many people in the busy office made me felt welcomed, made me feel like I was part of a family. Just waking up every morning, seeing the sun rise, as you walk out of the house and feel the cool morning breeze touch against your skin. Saying good morning and building friendships with the people at your local starbucks, at the hair salon, etc. The joy of looking forward to weekends, looking forward to having good times with friends, lunches, parties, a beer after work..........all of that Im am really missing right now badly and feel like Im never going to experience it again. Not only am I missing it but what scares me is the fact I feel I dont deserve to have any friends in life. I dont deserve to go out on weekends, I dont deserve to be around good people, I dont deserve to be happy in life. :(

Well right now, Im really missing those times (just thinking about it makes me want to cry). Ive taken so many things for granted in the past and Im really paying the price right now emotionally. Im an absolute wreck emotionally. I need to spend more time around people, but all I know is living the life of a loner spending most of your time alone is nothing but demoralizing to your self esteem and demolishs your sense of reality.

I hope Im not the only one here who doesnt have any friends. I hope Im not the only one who is a loner. I dont tell people this in person that I have no friends because its embarassing. But it really sucks when you feel like such an outsider in life.

Im going to stop here or else Im goin to cry.:(

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  2. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

Dude, this is an online message board. Of course there are plenty of people here like you. :hug:

3. Damn Dutchman

Damn Dutchman New Member

I got 2 friends. But im a loner too kinda, i recognice part of your feeling, i sometimes miss intimicy for instance, im not a ugly guy but i have no girlfriend and one of my other 2 friends does have a girlfriend, wich is often depressing.

Ohwell, maybe you should try to hang out at a park sometime and start a conversation with random people, i do that occasionly.

4. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

I feel that way all the time. I work full-time now while most of my friends are in college in town or out of town. I rarely see them during the weekdays. I come home from work, sit at home and feel so alienated from everyone. like I don't seem to fit in because i have things (like a house) that they don't etc. I keep feeling like they look at me differently. I don't get many calls to do things.

So yeah, I sorta understand what you mean.

5. daxtrader

daxtrader New Member

I've learned one thing. If you're going to trust your friends, then be prepared to get fked over. And don't mind it when you do. Good friends are hard to come by. I thought I had one, until he completely shattered my trust. It's just human nature though. Everyone is just looking out for themselves at the end. You're going to have to make yourself happy first. Rely on yourself and not some "friend". Only then you can make friends and not care if they break your trust because ultimately you don't need them.

6. daxtrader

daxtrader New Member

Just realized my post had nothing to do with your post. :ugh:

7. AlcoLOLic

AlcoLOLic New Member

Actually you sound pretty typical of when I was 26. That's about the age where some changes take place, if you're at all different than you were as a teenager and young adult. It's a rough ride, but just about everyone goes through it at that age...just don't do anything permanent, like suicide, and surround yourself with family members as much as you can. Even if all you do is sit in the corner at the house where you've got family around. Failing that, just go to the mall and sit on the bench...who knows, you just might make a new friend.

8. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

No friends here... haven't had many my entire life.

9. Roddy

Roddy Guest

Yep..

Hardly any friends..

and i'm running out of money quick. ie: no job atm :(

10. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

I don't have many either. But you should keep looking up because I was like you too where I had little to no friends and was embarrased about it. It took me so long to realize it but the problem was that I had been afriad just to ask people to hang out my entire life. That's probably why I had 11ty million accquaintances and no real friends. So I changed my ways and now I have 2-3 guys I can trust to be there and a gf. That's all I need I guess. My advice to you would be to keep plugging away until you clique with some people. Don't stop trying because it's never too late.

11. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

i used to feel like this all i can really say is think about what you want and then go for it

12. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Welcome to suffering, caused by desire.

Not one person does not immensely suffer. Some are better at hiding it. Then it just explodes.

Humble yourself before God, then do it again. Look into Buddhism.

Your desire for (friends, that good day, etc) is all leading to potent suffering.

It hurts, deep inside your heart.

I am suffering right now. I am conscious of my suffering, and realize what it is caused by. My friend didn't have any drugs tonight, so he didn't want to do anything. I would go over to my other friends, he would probably get a phone call an hour after I come over, then he would go downtown to do coke. My girlfriend is not communicating with me well at all, it was going great, but now I have no idea. I may end up losing her.

In the end, I realize that it was all an illusion. They do not care for my suffering. True friends constantly care about each others sufferings. These people generally don't give a shit.

And that is the way of the world. Selfless people are incredibly rare.

Become selfless.

13. JakobwithaK

Glad to hear im not alone. :(

14. JakobwithaK

I definitely miss intimacy, everyone in my family is wondering why i havent found anyone yet.

You know my mom said to me just the other day "you dont go out with friends?.......what you dont have any friends?" I didnt say anything :(

15. JakobwithaK

Thats the thing, and thats what i mean when I say im living two different lives here. I have the one when Im at home, feel completely shelled but happier than when Im out. And the other where if I go out im always by myself and it gets so depressing that i just dont want to go anywhere anymore. Running errands is fine, but then ill usually just come home right after. But im not one who can go out by myself, for lunch, shop a bit, and so on. I was able to do that, but its been the case with me for the past 7 or 8 yrs now that I just rather stay home where i cant be seen and feel more relaxed. I used to go out even though i had nowhere to go, nothing to do. I would just walk around places and look at things - I know that sounds retarded, and feel like a complete moron for even admitting to doing such a retarded thing. Also I think its because 90% of the people i talk to are online, whether its OT, msn, whatever. So being at home, even though alone gives me that feeling of interaction, whereas when Im out i feel so left out.

16. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

:ugh2:

17. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

I just turned 27 and I'll admit that its time for changes. I can't say I'm that depressed or anything, but I do feel lonely at times. Would like to meet somebody nice, but its a college town and its filled with girls who are thinking the exact opposite.

18. Speed_Demon1965

Speed_Demon1965 New Member

I have been feeling severely depressed and gloomy the past few months and I think pure loneliness is a major contributing factor.

I only have a few people that I consider "friends". I remember a few years ago, before the girlfriends came along, we would all hang out and have fun. Now, we are all in college, they all aquired girlfriends, and I didn't. Most of the time they are all out having lives being with the ones they love, whereas I have no one to love or hang out with and it really brings me down. :wtc:

19. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

Not retarded at all IMO. Once in a while I like going out by myself to downtown and just looking around and chilling. I did that a week ago and I had a great time.

I talked to several different people I have never met before too. For example, I was near this high-class restaurant at one point, and I got into a conversation with the valets about the various supercars that were parked there.

It's not that hard really to meet people and make friends, just be a little more outgoing, and stop staying inside all the time. :hs: