Anyone else experience something like this?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by AhuraMain, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AhuraMain

AhuraMain Guest

After about a year layoff, I decided to get back into the gym and hit it.

When I hopped onto the leg extension machine and began cranking out reps, I began to notice that, although as far as I could tell, I was exerting the same amount of effort with each leg, my right leg seemed to be "burning" more than my left, and getting exhausted more than the left.

When I hopped over to the leg press for the second leg of the superset, I got the same thing. It felt as though I was exerting more effort with the right leg, as it was burning more and fatiguing more quickly than the left.

Now, two days after the workout my legs are sore, of course, but the right is more so.

What is more likely? Did my right leg somehow become weaker than the left during the layoff and therefore working harder to keep up? Or am I unconsciously exerting more effort with the right for some reason without knowing it?

Anyone else experience this? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks guys.

2. Cumstang02

Cumstang02 New Member

I'd say yes to both. It is very likely that you have a dominate side and exert more force through it.

3. AhuraMain

AhuraMain Guest

Well, I AM left handed. But in all the years I've lifted, I've never done it before (or didn't notice it). And it seems to only be the case with legs. The various dumbbell exercises I do seem to be equal straight up the middle. But maybe that's because Im doing so much more weight with the legs? :shrug:

4. T-R-T

T-R-T New Member

If it bothers you that much just do one leg at a time.

5. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

everyone's body is slightly unsymetrical (sp?)

6. AhuraMain

AhuraMain Guest

Yea, It's prolly nothing to get worked up about and Im sure that once I've been training for a couple months, it'll even itself out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.