Anyone else ever experienced this at the euro dealerships?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by sonicyouth, Feb 26, 2003.

1. sonicyouth

sonicyouth Guest

So I had a screw in my tire (on a BMW 325i) on Saturday and went to pick up a new tire, have it mounted and balanced at a tire place. Well I guess when they dropped my car down my strut completely came loose. So it was hanging -almost touching the street so I took it in to the BMW/Porsche dealership.

I decided to get a diagnostic test and have the car evaluated since I knew it needed an o2 sensor and new power steering pump anyway. I was dealing with a very nice gentleman in the service department, or so I thought. He was very generous, took the car for a test drive with me and was evaluating the car before a mechanic took hold of it. He explained to me, just by driving it that the transmission was going to go out any day and that he would give me $1,000 (or possibly $2k) for the car.

At this point I was in a panic and figured I would put it up for sale right away incase he was right. Well I had the mechanic look at it and he said it only needed the power steering pump, tuneup, o2 sensor. The strut assembly was fine and was fixed quickly.

Long story short - the guy was pressuring me to sell the car asap for about 1k so that he could turn around and sell it for 10k after the dealership tuneup. I hate dealerships, and this guy was a real character, almost laughable. :)

2. Omega6_Virus

Omega6_Virus New Member

I really hate people like that. You should go back in there and see what cars he has and tell him you took your advice and sold the car for $1000 to a friend. Then, once you see the shocked look on his face, kick it in. Then laugh. I hate fucking assholes like that.

3. someguy

someguy WWMD?

Dealeships all suck...

Complete inability to diagnose problems, unless the computer tells them...

4. curiousgeorgeM3

curiousgeorgeM3 naughty little monkey

5. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

6. Dr. Woo

Dr. Woo Guns don't kill people

Beat his arse.

7. elysium

elysium Guest

8. sonicyouth

sonicyouth Guest

Yeah, I gave him my girlfriends cell phone number as the secondary number because my brother has cancer and I have been in and out of the hospital with him. I told the sales/service guy that when I went in initially and now he is harassing my gf for her to convince me to sell it.

The salesman need to stay out of the damn service department.

9. El Slotho

El Slotho Every hour wounds. The last one kills.

Sonic, man, I am very sorry to hear about your brother. Godspeed to you and your family, you are in my prayers. And sorry again if you are sick of people saying "they are sorry," etc. I know it doesn't help much, but I had to say something. :(

10. curiousgeorgeM3

curiousgeorgeM3 naughty little monkey

:werd:, yo

11. sonicyouth

sonicyouth Guest

I know what you mean. I feel just as helpless as the people telling me "sorry." The only thing I can do is be there by his side. It seems like throughout his life he has been dealt the short end of the stick for some reason. I would do anything to switch places with him.

He was in surgery today. One doctor said he looks great, another doctor that we sent the lab tests too said he doesn't look so great. However bad it may be, it's a level 4. I am optimistic about it, though. He caught it before it got in his lymphnodes, but it's not far from reaching it.

Car problems seem so trivial now.

But thanks for your kind words broham.

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

Dude, why did you go to BMW of Arlington for service? :confused:

You have Euro Imports in Alexandria, Martin Motorsport in Alexandria, and J&F Motors (I can recommend a guy) in Arlington.

The only time I ever go to the dealer in Arlington is for trim pieces and doodads that are too small to be worth the shipping from Maximillian or Bimmer Parts.

13. sonicyouth

sonicyouth Guest

You talking to me? :confused:

I live in Virginia Beach all the way on the oceanfront. We only have one or two bmw/porsche dealerships locally. I get all of my servicing done at Eurosport (porsche tuners) but as far as hooking it up to the computer and checking the codes, I need to go to the dealer for that.

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

:uh:

I was thinking you were farther up north. Because BMW of Arlington also has a Porsche annex.

And they are filled with assholes :)

15. sonicyouth

sonicyouth Guest

This dealership I go to is filled with the typical lesiure suit salesmen but actually has some of the best tech guys. Unfortunately the salesmen work inside the office and you need to go through them before they will even hand it off to a tech.