Anyone else come on too strong?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by deznutz, May 14, 2005.

1. deznutz

deznutz New Member

Like a girl may have interest in you, but you move way to fast/to strong? Maybe act a little obcessive? Are there any ways to solve this problem of not going to fast? What is the definition of "going to fast"?
    I like to talk to this girl every night, and she likes to talk with me too, but i dont want to ruin this "friendship" up because we both are very into each other and possibly hook up soon.

ex. Sometimes i talk to my friends like she is already my GF.

2. symptic

symptic I run companies

Stop this, right NOW. Talking so often will make you look clingy, whether you are or not. Don't call her, let her call you. Get busy, so she won't be able to catch you half the time.

Fighting for your time is what will make her REALLY want you, because that shows you've got shit to do. She'll be wondering what you're doing and who you're doing it with, and that brings a certain MYSTERIOUS charactistic to you, which women really dig, and you don't even have to try to get it, just being busy will do that for you.

And for the sake of the Broly Crew, don't be a WUSS and get clingy. Feel free to say no to her and be cocky and funny. Not JUST cocky and not JUST funny. The two together make for a perfect combination.

Questions?

3. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

Wow, you really don't know what you are talking about, do you? Mysterious, cocky and funny only work on the bad boy type, and alot of girls are attractive, I'll admit that, but not for long term relationships. Or any real relationships for that matter, other than a simple sex thing.
    It sounds like these people are looking for more than just sex. In which case, most women like to be shown that they are cared for, respected, and have someone truely interested in her and not just sex. Being busy will make her feel like he has better things to do than talk to her or spend time with her, and like he has lost interest in her.

4. symptic

symptic I run companies

I'm guessing you're visualizing what I say as an all-in-one experience where the guy comes on as the over-confident son of a bitch who won't take no for an answer and generally doesn't care about anyone but himself?

If so, I guess I should be more descriptive and say to USE these qualities, not RELY on them. I never said, "Don't be nice!" and, "don't show compassion!"; I am trying to get it across that most guys use these TOO much and it become soverwhelming to women and makes the guy look clingy.

Also, take into consideration the psychology of men and women. A women will read into what I am saying and visualize it all and attribute the words to an emotional feeling. That will definitiely be overwhelming in their minds and seem just plain WRONG.

But a guy will read it and keep it in the back of his head, so next time when he's with his date and she says something or asks for something, the specific post he read will pop into his mind and he will have to mentally ward off the over-compassionate approach most guys go with when they try to impress a woman. I make the concept come off as strong because overexagerating things will EMBED that into peoples' minds, instead of being yesterday's thought process in a few days.

Is that a more clear answer?

PS: Oh, and no av no care. :mamoru:

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  5. StuDLei

StuDLei Death before Dishonor

This might be true but its absolutely fucking retarded. Im not saying there is anything wrong with being a little cocky and a little funny..but damn... if you cant tell a girl how you feel without her losing interested when she really was..thats just stupid. Its all about communication...just most of the time that doesnt actually work..in which case move the fuck on and find someone who isnt so much into games. games aint bad to some degree but if thats all it is..thats fucking gay :hsd:

6. symptic

symptic I run companies

Well, the most important thing is to ALWAYS be spontaneous. What ruins most relationships is that once the guy opens up to the girl, he becomes nothing but a WUSS who clings on to the girl 24/7. He stops doing what he did to capture her heart, and that's where the "games" come in. It ensures you're always doing somehting new and she NEVER knows where you'll be going.

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  7. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

Yes it does, thank you.
    And just because I don't have an av, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about, thank you very much. And we shouldn't be hijacking this thread.

8. symptic

symptic I run companies

:werd: I just had to bust on you just once. :mamoru: But an Avatar is a good idea in these parts. :bigok:

9. Pheanyx

Pheanyx Guest

Yeah, I've been told that, I'm just bot sure on how to obtain one, if it costs money, which I don't have because I'm extremely poor, and then deciding on one if I can get it.

10. deznutz

deznutz New Member

Update: Well, i feel like we have something there, and i am not a person that will just "ignore" her to make her want me more, i think if i did that, she would just get "pissy" and be like "where have you been" questions...

11. StuDLei

are u m or f? just curious.

I understand what you are saying. I really do.

With that said, there is nothing wrong with telling a girl your feelings as im sure you also believe. wanting to be with your girl 24/7..i dont think theres really anything wrong with that either. spontaneous is definately a must i suppose for most...but anyways what I think your missing is the girls part. SHE should also be SPONTANEOUS and keep doing what SHE did to capture HIS HEART. ie.... keep shaving ur legs(among other things) regularly, keep getting dressed nice for hiim, etc etc. I actually dont even really care if a girl does all that stuff THAT MUCH but still, the point Im trying to get at I guess is that the way it works in the world is the guy is there to win the girl over. In the beggining, in the middle, in the end, and in between the beginning and the middle and the middle and the end..get my point? The girl has to do her part to keep things interesting and spontaneous and all that shit to. ITS A TWO WAY MOTHERFUCKING STREET!!!

sorry im going through alot right now :sadwavey:

12. StuDLei

exactly. dont be too pushy either i guess, but dont ignore her to try to win her over..thats shits stupid even if it does work its probably not gonna last and might cause alot of heartbreak

13. symptic

symptic I run companies

I understand completely, and I understand both sides need to try, but I'm preaching to the guys here. Just because the women SHOULD put in some effort, doesn't mean the guys can SLACK OFF. If both the man and woman put into it, things will always stay fresh, or at least not be boring, because if both care, then both will try to find new things to do/see/talk about/whatever.

14. StuDLei

Equal and the golden rule
    /thread

15. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Your tendency to become obsessive is due to your inexperience. Don't let your friends think she's your girlfriend. It's fine to talk to her every night, but there most likely will be times when you can't reach her. How you respond to that is critical. Be warned that girls sometimes just like to flirt. Be yourself, but if you ever feel like you need her, that's a wake-up call for you to cool down your emotions.

16. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:ugh: i guess it depends on what type of guy said girl is looking for...surely you described an immature one.

:uh: at playing games...

17. WeRdToYoMoThA

WeRdToYoMoThA Girlies on Standby, Waiting to say Hi

i hate women :(

18. symptic

symptic I run companies

:uh: at thinking everything just works.

There's a balance between the two that reaches perfection. :bigok:

19. naughtie

naughtie New Member

:rofl:

20. naughtie

naughtie New Member

I agree with this, and pretty much everything else symptic has said. If you look at the thread starter's original question, it was asking about the initial stages of 'getting the girl.' Not 'now that I have her, what next?'

Most girls do not like a clingy little pussy biatch. And coming on too strong just says "hello, clingy, desperate male here. Trying to get your attention! Look at me! Over here! Please!"

21. symptic

symptic I run companies

Once the relationship develops, it's alright to "tone it down," but you need to realize if you just stop being the same guy you were before, she'll notice this and won't like you [as much] anymore. She started to like you for how you presented yourself, so if you stop, it's like you're a different person, and that'll get an :ughwtf: from her.

22. PunkInDrublic

PunkInDrublic Active Member

I sort of started out that way with my girlfriend. Trying to make myself sparse, and sometimes not reachable for contact. My inexperience and listening to advice like that led me to use this method. This actually led to some of the worst fights I've had with my girlfriend. She always tells me she wants me to need her :hs: Now I still won't go that far to act like I don't have the will to live without her. However, I have to say, we rarely fight when she feels like I'm not always off without her. She is a little clingy, yes, but I think I'm doing a decent job of balancing it. Really depends on the girl. What you describe sounds like a "game" just like you described relationships should be done. I'd shoot myself if I had to play games to stay with a girl. I think chica is right, sounds like you are describing the short-term, immature ones.

In regard to your last post,
    I think it's true that everyone presents themself with a lot more arrogance when going after a girl. However, if the only way to maintain that relationship is to keep that attitude, it sounds like you aren't going very far anyway. A successful relationship will be one where as the relationship matures, both of you mature. You become less cocky, and she, with her motherly instinct kicking in, desires the more dependable, good-natured guy in you. The one that will be a good father to her kids. At least, this sounds ideal to me, and anything where I have to play games the rest of my life, just sounds like a dead-end relationship with a trophy wife.

Last edited: May 15, 2005
  23. symptic

symptic I run companies

"PLaying games" makes is sound so harsh and OVERWHELMING. Everyone should do these things SOME. Being with someone who is now boring after they were initially a blast is really going to suck, so what's the harm in always trying to do new things?

24. themacstallion

themacstallion The electric sheep are dreaming up your fate

:werd: couldnt have been said better