anyone drop Quicksilver for Google Quick Search?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by gui3, Jun 12, 2009.

1. gui3

gui3 all the dude ever wanted was his rug back

i've been a diehard user of Quicksilver since i first got my mac, and i've been tweaking it for literally years now....the goal has been to minimize the amount of times i have to use the mouse or manually fumble through folders.

just recently i figured out how to do all kinds of searches (weather, movie times, torrents, translation, etc etc) directly from quicksilver. twitter integration was cool too.

my only problem with QS was that it would get bogged down after a while. too much history, i dunno.

there hasn't been an update to the program in a LOOOOONG time; now google releases Quick Search Bar, which apparently works the same way, except that it's more google-centric. i'm trying it out, hoping that it will do everything that QS did, but won't get bogged down as much.

2. SugarCoatedSour

SugarCoatedSour OT Supporter

It was developed by the same dude that made Quicksilver, so I can imagine how it's just like it, but a bit better in ways. Might try it out soon.

3. Slurms McKenzie

Slurms McKenzie New Member

I just deleted QS because it was using up so many resources, I forgot about Google's version. Might as well try it out.