Anyone detail nasty stuff? IE. Blood, Accidents, Ect?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by MSIGuy, Dec 10, 2007.

1. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

So, I was thinking the other day, would there be much market for detailing/cleaning of cars that have been in accidents or have had people commit suicide or die in?

What got me thinking was my friend, her car was one that someone had killed himself in. Now they cleaned it pretty well, and replaced the interior and it seems to be fine. I've got a pretty strong stomach, gore and stuff like that has never really freaked me out. I imagine it would be pretty much like anyother detail except for having to probally pull the carpet, but as far as removing all the biological stuff, would probally just be finding the right solvents and chemicals to do it right?

I don't know if this really has a big enough market, but I figgure hey, it probally pays well right?

Thoughts?

2. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

it'd probably be a really limited market. from what I've heard, insurance companies will usually total them. but it's worth a shot. just make sure that you'll take every precautionary step that you can to protect yourself.

3. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

Yeah, I'd know how to take the precautionary measurements, I'm a first responder, my dad is an EMT-I, and I was going to train with him but moved.

I know it'd be a limited market, but doesn't sound like a bad part time gig, its got to pay pretty well. I just don't know how one would get into that sort of thing.

4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

start with some insurance companies, i guess. maybe tow services or salvage yards? :dunno: talk to the crime scene unit at your local PD and see what kind of process the vehicle goes thru. that's the best ideas that I have. hope that helps! :dunno:

5. Juztang

Juztang www.obsessivedetail.com

Here is a detail I did that had blood, vomit, and just a lot of nasty stuff. This lady's dog got bit on an artery and had to rush it to the vet. I just kept extracting blood from the seats and carpet. I also found some moldy bread in there! Here are some before and after pics.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. JDM5LugHatch

JDM5LugHatch New Member

Man that car is nasty! :yuck: How do people drive cars that dirty. Take away the dog/blood incident it was still nasty.

7. Juztang

Juztang www.obsessivedetail.com

Here is an after of the front that I forgot to add......
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  8. Shockticus

Shockticus I remember having one more drink at the bar... OT Supporter

wat

Never had to do anything like that, just a few slurpees

9. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

Well, I kinda got the idea after I had to detail my own car, after throwing up in it while being driven home... lol That was a bitch, had to take the door panle off to get at it all... lol