GUN Anyone carry an XD40 Service?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by T.Grimace, Mar 31, 2008.

1. T.Grimace

T.Grimace New Member

2. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

Go with the infidel with belt loops. But for a gun that huge you might want to go for a ctac/mtac.

3. T.Grimace

T.Grimace New Member

i will check that out....it IS pretty damn huge. i dont want to daily carry it, just for when i have to. thanks.

4. cptbimes

cptbimes New Member

I use a fobus with the "FBI" tilt is what I call it. I don't carry the xd though in public. I carry a ppk for concealed. The fobus for the xd feels real nice. I tend to stray away from leather belt holsters because I don't always wear a belt. Try both, but what feels best for you.

5. T.Grimace

T.Grimace New Member

i will check out fobus too.

i was looking at a ppk, but if i was going to get one i think id get a pps instead. how do you like shooting yours?

6. cptbimes

cptbimes New Member

^I was surprised at the accuracy. Mine's .380 and it will shoot circles around a keltec of the same size barrel.

I got the PPK because of it being smaller. The PPK/S holds one more round and is 2-3 mm longer I think? The /S came about because of an old import ban on the short PPK so they lengthened it.

I shot it at my CCW class and from 7 yds. I put all 6 shots in a 3" group in a standard silohuette head. I was fairly impressed with it's accuracy right out of the box.

Although shooting it does leave you with a red spot from the tang. No slide bite just the shock from the tight grip on the tang. You'll develop a callus though and it won't bother you soon enough. lol

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008