Anyone been in this situation at work before?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by HopHead, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HopHead

HopHead OT Supporter

I try to bring my lunch so I can eat clean. I had my weekly cheat meal on wednesday. Today my small company provided lunch. I got guilted into eating a taco and some beans, not such a big deal. Then it was someone's birthday and they pass around the cake. Everyone has a piece but me. The lady whose birthday it is looks at me and says

"You don't like cake?"
    I sad "I like cake, I just don't want to eat it."
    Her: "Why not, did you have a donut this morning?" (They had donuts too)
    Me: "No, I'm just not really in the mood for cake"
    Her: Do you not like pastries?
    Me: I enjoy pastries, I'm going to a wedding tomorrow and I'll be eating plenty of cake there.
    Her: Will it be better?

This conversation went on for a little while. But anyway, what is the deal with people wanting you to eat what they're eating? I don't want to eat dessert, why do people take it personally if you aren't eating fattening ass dessert. Anyone had this type of experience at work?

2. Damnation

Damnation OT Supporter

unless you're 400lb fat guy wanting to slim down or some 240+lb bodybuilder, you're going to get in a lot of those conversations

3. VinSVT

VinSVT New Member

:werd:

I cannot wait for the day I'm actually big enough that people realize thats why I eat the way I do.

People are like "plain tuna out of the can, twice a day?" :hsugh:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  4. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

With my job I get to goto the SO and the jail ALOT ... sometimes the guards or detectives will be sitting around eating donuts or pastries and offer me one, I turn it down and they usually look at me like I have 3 heads. A few of the guys I work with everyday here are kinda surprised I'm keeping up with it, guess they figured it was a phase. Never fails, when ever I make my protein shake someone pops their head into my cube and says something stupid "You big yet" shit like that.

5. sprite

sprite Active Member

If you're not comfortable with "Shut the fuck up and worry about whay you're packing in your pie hole, not mine"... then stick with "No thanks, I'm hypo/hyper-glycemic".

Either one, take your pick. All 99% of people know is that has something to do with blood sugar, but it doesn't spawn 11ty questions about insulin like if you tell them your diabetic.

6. ballerman230

ballerman230 just a pale blue dot

I get shit like that all the time and its even worse for me since I'm 5'8 135 pounds. I just don't see the point of filling my stomach with shitty food like that. One of my problems is that I can't fit a whole lot of food into me, so I'd better use the space for protein/carbs than sugary shit. My diets not exactly what you guys would call clean as I eat things like Chipotle several times a week, but girls still give me :ugh: faces when I don't get sour cream in my burritos.

7. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I use to get shit all the time when I worked an office job and was on bulking or cutting cycles. I'd be eating a clean meal and others would be trying to get me to go out for take out or eat the food they were providing. It was really hard not to give in a lot of the time. Now I work from home so there's no pressure. Keep fighting it.

8. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

Thats what I came in to say ....

Just say something like "My G-pa died from Diabetes Im trying to eat better" And watch thier face fuggin change :rofl:

9. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

my coworkers ask if i want some cake, bagels, donuts... etc. when they bring it in...

one of them said, "he doesn't eat this stuff, he's watching his girlish figure"

i say back, "if by girlish figure means not having man boobs and a pot belly, yes"

actually i don't because most of them do have em... haha

10. boujo

boujo I'm Smarter Then You

I get that shit from my inlaws, dinner consists of salad, 4 pounds of pasta, meat, and always dessert, plenty of dessert.

I try to eat a little since nothing is healthy even though my mother-in-law looks like some heroin addict, but they always have to push.

They can tell I'm fat, why do they keep pushing me.

11. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

I just stick with the 'naah, thanks anyway.'

No one asks me to explain myself. I'd be like WTF if someone started asking me why...

What? No. I don't want a fucking donut.

I mean I explain to all of my friends that I don't eat that shit because it fucks up my diet, and they've all accepted it, but some random getting on your case for turning down their fucking donuts? fuck that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.