anyone an ipod modder?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by x_iheartpants_x, Apr 3, 2006.

1. x_iheartpants_x

x_iheartpants_x kristina.

i saw an article in today's newspaper telling you how to modify your ipod..so i thought it would be cool..so i jumped right onto the ipodlinux site and downloaded linux..it totally screwed up my ipod and now it says that i need to go to apple support..i cant get into menus, music, etc.. and i cant figure out how to remove linux and restore the factory settings. if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

2. adelacruz

adelacruz New Member

why is this on ontopic?

3. MR.6690

MR.6690 New Member

dont worry, there is no way to brick your ipod. The actual ipod firmware is hidden in flash and cant be erased. Unless you fried the HD or battery (doubtful), there is always a way to get your ipod back. You just have to mess around with it awhile. I had IPL on mine for awhile, then tried to put RockBox on it and thought I TOTALLY fucked it, but I found awhile to get everything back. Just keep trying to "restore to factory settings" and format it acouple of times, don't worry, you'll get it back.

4. MR.6690

MR.6690 New Member

i would try connecting it the the computer (using the menu+middle button connect mode if you have to) then formatting, then running an old ipod updater then "restore to factory settings".

5. 7960

7960 New Member

it's not :hsugh: