Anyone able to advise me on partitioning my HDD's and installing Leopard/XP?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by niquesuave06, Dec 25, 2007.

1. niquesuave06

niquesuave06 New Member

First off, here's what I'm working with:

Macbook Pro 2.16 Core Duo with 100GB HDD (with around 26GB free space)
    Seagate 160GB External HDD (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148249)

I have a "copy" of leopard on my comp that I'm wanting to install, and I'd also like to install XP/boot camp (mainly to be able to use my Zune, but I'll probably play some PC games occasionally as well).

I already partitioned the external into three equal partitions (it was Christmas morning, I wanted to play with my toys :o ) and I've copied a lot of files onto it. Most of the files were backup copies of photos and music, but I also put the Leopard install .dmg on its own partition.

Any advice on where to go from here? My main concern is to not lose my music and photos :hsd:

2. niquesuave06

niquesuave06 New Member

By everything, do you mean EVERYTHING or just all of my "personal" files? If I transfer all my music/photos/word docs/etc, and partition my internal twice (Leopard/XP), that should work? Or do I just need to partition the internal once for the Leopard install, and then partition AFTER I have leopard in order to install XP?

3. Gli

Gli i can has fast duck?

Move all of your photos/music/.doc/etc. onto the external.

Insert your Leopard DVD and install Leopard on a single partition of 100GB.

Once it is installed use the Boot Camp Utility to partition off some odd ~25GB for Windows and install Windows following the directions it gives you.

Easy stuff, I did it 2 weeks ago but for Vista.

4. Twisted STi

Twisted STi All wheel or no wheel OT Supporter

I'm in the same boat, just installed Leopard last night.... so who has a good working xp torrent link?

:x:

5. -=Likwid=-

-=Likwid=-

did this a few weeks ago.. xp/leopard partitions using bootcamp, with vista in a vmware fusion vm.

games, leopard, and instant access to everything i want and need for a computer.. was kindof a pita to partition, but sorted it all out :big grin:

6. Twisted STi

having trouble with this... unrared the file, and it gives me image.sub, .ccd, and .img files. tried to burn with toast, but bootcamp didn't recognize the disc as an intallation disc.

any hints?

7. Twisted STi

toast

do i need to put just the .img file on the disc, or all three? tried both ways, neither worked.