MIL Anybody who thinks the Air Force is "family friendly" is full of shit

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FSTMX5, Mar 4, 2008.

1. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

Basically they have said no to every avenue of me and my wife getting stationed together

def just lost a reenlistee

airborne linguist is full as fuck so i cant switch to air...yet my wife who just graduated goodfellow and still hasnt been to sere yet also cant switch to ground even though we are in huge need of them out here

:ugh:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  2. whitecouch

whitecouch spendin' our golden years in OT Supporter

The Air Force is family friendly for those with less glamorous jobs. Cross train into some comm job and you'll understand.

3. usmcdevil

usmcdevil wouldnt you like to know

thats shitty. this your first enlistment? if so they always say dont get married during your first enlistment or maybe thats just marine corp

4. whitecouch

That's just the corps. For most Airmen it takes marriage to make them reenlist.:wavey:

5. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

well basically we were told before we did the marriage by certain people in MPF who obviously have no fucking clue what they are talking about that it shouldnt be a problem for me to switch to air crew since they are in need of them....well i finally get to my first duty assignment and after making 20000 phone calls get ahold of someone who knows wtf they are talking about...and whaddya know air is backed up as shit right now...so then im told by him that since shes still at goodfellow and they havent paid to move her to offutt yet she should be able to get her orders changed ...so she calls mpf in monterey and they dont call her back of course, i called them , they made a phone call and well..since shes already considered a 1a8 they wont release her anymore to become ground...so basically we are fucked...ive never been so depressed in my life...ive seen the air force bend over ass backwards to accomodate soooo many marriages and i just got fucked in the ass....the motherfuckers at dli that tell you not to get married in tech school are fucking idiots...if we would have just done it there everything would be peachy keen....now who knows how fucking long we are going to be apart

6. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

the thing that pisses me off so much is we are basically the same fucking job...a few years ago it was the same damn afsc and for some dumbass reason they split it up...hell me and my wife are even the same target language country ...the only fucking difference in the jobs is about a month and a half extra training ...its such bullshit

7. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

sorry for all the language too but ive just about had it with people that a. dont know what they are talking about b. act like its just no big deal and brush it off or c. make up answers to get you out of their hair

air force finance, services, and MPF is the biggest joke ive ever seen in my life...ive never seen so many people that dont know how to do their fucking job or just dont care...or maybe both

it just really gets under my skin because if i took the same attitude towards what i do...."well hey i think that terrorist over there said that they were going to attack at 12....but maybe it was 11.....actually maybe it was tomorrow....well im not really sure but im going to report that its 12"

:ugh:

what else really pisses me off is i feel like that because im an E-3 nobody gives a fuck because apparently all e-3's are young stupid 18 year olds straight out of high school....i can almost gurantee you if i had some more stripes or a nice gold bar this shit would not be happening...

8. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

I saw no different between the quality of life between the Air Force and Army. If Airmen think plasma TV's in the chow hall is improved quality of life then they are idiots.

9. scottiemac

scottiemac It's time to shoot some hot dogs!

it's the military.

10. whitecouch

What about four plasma screen TVs above your desk, two computers, and four monitors as well?:noes:

11. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Go talk with your chaplain. Sometimes they can suggest alternate routes and things you haven't tried yet.

Last resort (and you're almost there from what I've read) is your congressman. Get your parents and her parents to call and write their congressmen. You and your wife need to do the same thing. This is like the nuclear option in war, so make sure that you have tried all alternatives before you pull this trigger - but I can tell you from personal experience that your Congressman can do things that NOBODY else in the military can or will do.

12. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

Ive heard you can try this and once I talk to chappie I will def do this I mean it can't hurt ..its just sad that it seems to me noone is just willing to go the extra mile to make things happen ..I've been in long enough to know there is a waiver for everything its just a matter of who you know and how hard they push for you :hsd:

13. brackac

During my 3 years in the AF the main concern I heard from Airmen was how they had to work with outdated equipment. Plasma tv's, pretty buildings, and cool squadron hats are nice, but none of that deploys with you. A troop that is confident in their equipment, training, and leadership will have more morale, thus a sense of a better quality of life, than a troop who only see's pretty plasma tv's on the wall.

14. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Have you contacted your career field functional?

15. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

It is all where you are at, Keesler had a nice infrastructure. Where I am at now has equipment that is recapped every two or three years.

16. brackac

The 3rd Combat Comm was just getting rid of analog "rat rigs" in 2004. :wtf: The AF spends to much money on being pretty, and not enough money on accomplishing the mission, in my opinion.

17. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

ya...he's freakin awesome and actually knows what hes talking about...he's been emailing/calling people like crazy for me but he's on leave right now

:hs:

18. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

get her pregnant

19. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

:mamoru: we are NOT ready for a kid....im trying to avoid falling into ALL military stereotypes here :o

but whats been up man...havent seen you online or anything?

also..i dont even think that would work...her best friend is pretty much in the same situation as us ..her being ground and in georgia and her fiance out at offutt...they are getting married on the 14th and she got knocked up (not on purpose) but they are making them stay separated for the time being too :ugh:

20. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

i just switched to night shift, so I've been trying to get used to that for the last week. I'll be at eagle tommorow morning at around 7AM though...

if you're not doing anything this weekend i'm down to hit up the bar.

21. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

ya i understand that...im not pulling that trigger just yet but honnestly everyone except for my career guy who is AMAZING has just blown it off...i'm trying to be patient..we knew it could be a year or so before we were together i guess its just been more of a letdown because certain people told us it WOULDNT be that long and that it would be fairly pain free to get stationed together...anyways we're pretty strong and since its gonna be almost another year before she can even get deployed for her job we're just gonna try to see eachother every couple months...i have 35 days of leave saved up and she has about 40 so hopefully thats doable

22. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

oh and i dunno if any of you all have posted on afforums before but holy fuck that place is full of assholes.....i seriously want to find out who some of the pieces of shit that post on there are so when i go visit my wife at offutt i can beat some ass

23. evan2

evan2 Guest

you always bring up this equipment stuff but that is what you have seen....Ive worked with all 4 branches plus went to a tech school on an army post

the AF had the best barracks of all the people in school there

in my job our equipment and knowledge of our job always outweighs the other branches which is why they are constantly tasking my job to go work with the army and then the army goes ahead and makes us go on convoy details or guard something.

Why did you request I come do a technical job if you treat me like a solider...this is the reason your EAs dont know what they are fucking doing

and well man, first off MPF has nothing to do with where you are going to get stationed at...you need to talk to your functional at AFPC anyways....plus MPF is just a big cluster fuck of morons

24. evan2

evan2 Guest

I see you have been working with your func..usually they have another person you can talk to

plus your Majcom should have functionals as well

25. brackac

I have discussed the living quarters myth to death. Each service has gems and ghetto's. I can show you housing from each service that is outstanding, and housing that should be condemned.

The myth about the Air Force being better trained is BS. I will use communications as the example. Airmen are trained by AF NCO's, usually an E5 or E6, in tech school, while soldiers in AIT are trained by civilians from Cisco, Nortel, and the various other suppliers of equipment. There is no comparison in regards to the level of instruction between the Army and AF, and both fail in comparison to the Navy. Keep in mind I have not only worked with every service, but have been in and gone through the comm training in the Army and AF.

Now, as far as the Army tasking you because you are a better technician, then sticking you on convoy duty. Seriously, think that one through. Did the Army need you as a technician, or did they just fill a manning shortage in a high risk job with an Airmen?

When I was in the AF I would always get some AF NCO tell me the story of when he had to fix this or do that for the Army, because the Army was incompetent. 90% of the time the story was bullshit because it would be a story about equipment the Army doesn't use, or just a bullshit story all together because it didn't work technically. I would sit back, let them tell their bullshit story to the Airmen, then shoot them down.

I do love the superiority complex of the AF, it's always worth a good laugh. The fact that you spent the time to preach the expertise of the AF, and then end your post with the statement of "MPF is just a big cluster fuck of morons" is exactly what I talk about.