anybody used the new sony deck... ?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by boostin-gp, Feb 19, 2004.

1. boostin-gp

boostin-gp Guest

2. Dr.EtNiEs

Dr.EtNiEs Guest

nothin good comes from sony except there t.vs

3. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

yea, I stumbled upon that too in my search for a head unit.

what got my attention though whas the 120 signal to noise ratio. only other headunits I've been seeing that high were the $1500 DVD/LCD screen combos, and even then they were only at 115.

plus that 7-band equalizer.

in general I hate sony's car audio, but this one actually caught my eye. anyone see one of these in person?

though crutchfield is expensive as hell, I like their detailed info.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2004
  4. Scott P

Scott P I are lurking through. . .

we just got them in at our store yesterday, i must say it cought my eye. my only complaints i have found with it so far in limited play time is the face isn't motorized (which is something i would rather have given the option) and the definition isn't quite as good as pictures make it out to be on the display. but other than that, i must say i am relatively impressed with the direction sony is going in given some of the crap they have shovelled out since they ditched the mobile es line.

5. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

I'm going out on a limb and I ordered it. The shop's going to do a manual switch between my server and the head unit to preserve the surround sound, but the price and the advertized clarity of this Head unit have really grabbed me. I'll let you guys know if I just wasted $234 in about 3 weeks when all my stuff gets assembled.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2004
  6. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

That deck looks pretty sweet...

I wish I saw it before I bought my Alpine 9813 on Tuesday...

7. boostin-gp

boostin-gp Guest

Well I put it up as a display peice this morning, and I must say that I am VERY impressed with this deck. The display lights up rather nicely, and the nice motion part of the screen is more of a blue color, while similar sony displays are more of a greenish blue.

Read a MP3 disk rather quickly that had over 100 songs on it, and the unit looks VERY nice in person. The only thing that I dont like about the unit (and its the same way on most higher end sony stuff) is that you HAVE to have the remote to get into the menu function (hpf, lpf, eq7 tuning, ect...).

I more than likely will be buying this deck in the next two weeks. My cost on the unit is just under $215, which isnt REALLY cheap, but its better than paying full retail.

For those interested, call your local circuit city, and ask them if they have it up on display. If you are in the area, its worth a stop by the store to take a look.

Initial Impression = :bigthumb:

8. Pioneer

Pioneer Are you annoyed? You will be.

I bought the CDX-MP70 for my '65 Imperial (just because it has the right look) --- then I looked it up on the net because I was bored ...

My Imperial will now become a sound machine!