Anybody use their blackberry as a modem?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Hathegkla, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

I can't get mine to work. does it only work as a dial up modem? it wants a phone number when I try and set up a connection. I have AT&T, is there anything that will let me access shit through media net or my regular browser? I can run opera mini on my blackberry, so it seems like it would work.

all I really wanna do is use it so I can play Counter Strike 1.6 on my laptop.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

um it's not gonna work. The AT&T blackberry is on shitty EDGE... so it's basically like dialup for throughput, with 700ms latency. CS is no go.

3. Wesley Willis

Wesley Willis OT Supporter

I do, but I have Verizon, so the service is probably different.

4. ///M

///M OT Supporter

You can use your Blackberry as a modem, but as jollyogre said, the latency makes it so all you can really do is browse the web :dunno:

5. xuntilthexendx

xuntilthexendx New Member

I had the 8300 on T-Mobile and used it as a modem. I worked for a little bit probably a little faster than dial-up..not much though. Highly doubt you could play CS on it though. Worth a shot!

6. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

cool, well if I can get it to work I'll try it. though I did convince my girlfriends mom to get internet. I told her I'd give her my older gaming rig :mamoru: I don't think she'll know what to do with it. her old computer, that they were using up until a few months ago was (I shit you not) an original I-mac, like 133mhz or something stupid like that.